Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 09:28:00 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  A Second Dead Deer Reported Yesterday
« previous next »
: [1]
: A Second Dead Deer Reported Yesterday  ( 2234 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 14, 2010, 12:21:04 PM »

A second dead deer that apparently had been shot, was reported dead in the vicinity of The Tracy Road.  From the photos that JoAnne took of all the deer out in the fields, something is bringing them out into the open and at least those that JoAnne took a photo of, apparently weren't that scared of people.

I'm also told that the bears are waking up from hibernation and are very hungry.  We are being advised to bring in our bird feeders as the bears will certainly be coming there to eat.

Henry Raymond
slpott
: 457

« #1 : March 14, 2010, 04:37:25 PM »

The Game Warden came this morning to get the deer and said it apparently got hit by a car and tried to run. With that being said, someone's car probably got some damage too. He said with a deer population this size we are bound to see these types of things. Domestic dogs allowed to run free cause quite a few deer deaths a year too. Apparently that is what happened in town. The dogs will chase them until the deer just run out of energy. It was quite the learning experience and the Game Warden was wonderful.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: