Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 02:36:11 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Nice Experience With Businesses & People
« previous next »
: [1]
: Nice Experience With Businesses & People  ( 3213 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 15, 2013, 08:16:45 AM »

A while back, our mail carrier Janet Marriott mentioned that if my sister and I wanted to ask our doctors for a letter of recommendation and they gave it to us that the U. S. Mail Box could be moved to the house side of the road so we would not have to cross the road.  Fletcher Road has quite a bit of traffic and once you do get across the road, there is not much of a place to stand after you have gotten your mail out of your mail box and it can get a little tricky if two cars meet each other while you are waiting.  Anyhow, my sister and I both got letters from our Doctors and an approval came through, since both of us live alone and do have some health issues that the U. S. Post Office has approved delivering our mail right up to the house.  We are both elated with this as it does help us to be independent.

The second issue we have is getting our Burlington Free Press, which is also in a paper box across the road.  I called customer service this past week and asked if they could move the paper box to the house side of the road.  They told me they would leave a note for my paper carrier, Penny Nolan.  Yesterday when I went out to get my Free Press, it was sitting on the railing of my handicap ramp and there was a note in with the paper that she would be moving my paper box in a few days.  Yesterday afternoon Penny called me and told me she would leave my paper at my door.  I told her that was more than I expected and she told me that she would be more than glad to do that.  This morning, there was my Free Press hanging on my door.

Now in regards to traffic on The Fletcher Road, I do have to say that there are some very polite people, especially those coming down from Fletcher.  I have noticed them slowing down and many coming to a complete stop and motioning me to cross the road.  I am sorry to say, I do not know who these people are, but I usually wave to them as a sign of appreciation.

For those of you who have stopped or slowed down, for Penny Nolan my Free Press Carrier and Janet Marriott and the other carriers that deliver my mail to the house, this elderly gentleman at 473 Fletcher thanks you from the bottom of my heart.  Not sure how many more years I will be around, but please note that your kindness is appreciated.

Henry Raymond
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : September 15, 2013, 04:45:17 PM »

I like reving the engine when I see you crossing the road                       
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : October 14, 2013, 07:15:34 PM »

It gives this daughter/neice great piece of mind when I am not around that they no longer have to cross the road.  It is a scary strip of road.

I literally have no place to go at all by my mailbox but the ditch and the electric fence is there too.  I now drive up to my mailbox so I have protection.  One time in the ditch was enough for me.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: