Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 11:00:37 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Scott Withdraws from Thunder Road
« previous next »
: [1]
: Scott Withdraws from Thunder Road  ( 1958 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : September 02, 2011, 11:08:22 AM »

Lt. Governor Phil Scott withdraws from Labor Day race at Thunder Road
Montpelier, VT  - Lt. Governor Phil Scott announced today that he would not be driving his #14 stock car in the Bond Auto Labor Day Classic at Thunder Road this Sunday.

"Given the devastation across the state after Hurricane Irene, I need to focus my energies on helping Vermonters recover," Scott said. "This was a very difficult decision for me personally, but it's the right decision."

Scott wished his fellow drivers and fans well at the race, which is one of the biggest events of the racing season at Thunder Road. "I hope they have a great turnout. After a grueling week, Vermonters do need to take a break and have some fun. But my role as an elected official puts me in a unique position, and my official responsibilities come first."

Scott added that Bond Auto, the title sponsor of the race, and Thunder Road have organized a non-perishable food drive to help replenish the Waterbury Food Shelf, whose entire inventory was lost in the flood. Bond Auto trucks will be located at all of the Thunder Road gates on Saturday and Sunday, and will accept food or cash donations for the Food Shelf.

For more information on the food drive, Vermonters can visit www.thunderroadspeedbowl.com.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
sdogallen
: 51

« #1 : September 02, 2011, 08:20:34 PM »

A class act from a class act guy
: [1]  
« previous next »