Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:14:29 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Well, My Modem On My DSL Went Kaput!!!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Well, My Modem On My DSL Went Kaput!!!  ( 4821 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 22, 2011, 02:22:56 PM »

Earlier this afternoon I was on the Internet and lost it.  My modem just kept blinking and would not give me a steady green ready mode.  I unhooked it, shut it off, rehooked it up and still the same.  I jumped in the car and drove down to the village to see if they happened to be working on it down here near the Swamp Road, but not a truck was seen.

Back when I first got DSL from Verizon, they had sent me two modems and I have kept the new one in the original box, just in case I ever needed it.  Well, today was the day.  At first this one kept blinking, but then it locked in.  I am assuming my old modem went kaput, unless someone else in this area had Internet Problems also a little while ago.

Henry Raymond
gkmcnall
: 130

« #1 : September 22, 2011, 02:32:41 PM »

Henry,
I lost my Verizon connection today as well.  I was able to turn the switch off and then back on and everything came back.  Guess I was lucky. -Karen
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : September 22, 2011, 03:10:41 PM »

I had issues this morning before work.  But mine works fine next door this afternoon when I got home.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
fletchtb
: 310

« #3 : September 22, 2011, 04:06:24 PM »

Henry,

I would try plugging your old modem back in to confirm it is dead. It is nice knowing you have a spare and I bet it would be even more comforting to have the spare become a spare again.

Just my 2¢
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #4 : September 22, 2011, 06:07:54 PM »

Hi Todd,

Well, I plugged my old one back in and it is working - So will put my new spare back in the box - Thanks and I will see what happens tomorrow.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #5 : September 24, 2011, 01:45:59 AM »

Verizon is coming to Alaska soon.
As soon as someone, builds the switching center. Our company may be in the running, but it is a tight winter schedule.

I welcome the competition but not the service I have read for years.

Verizon has to use or current infrastructure for them to work up here and it maybe limited to what they are expected to.

I have cable internet. 22mbps down and 2 mbps up.....pay 59.00, a month for 200,000mb transfer.
I cannot see how Verizon can beat that price using the cable we have to our homes.

I gives two mouses butts about cell service/

JLB
: 56

« #6 : September 25, 2011, 04:54:26 PM »

They do burn out or at least that was what I was told by the tech who came 2 years ago.   Overall, I find Fairpoint DSL to be very slow on weekend.  Any one else have the same issue.

Fairpoint also states we are just at the line of the line and can not upgrade to a high speed.   Bummer.   I looked  into switching providers but every one else seemed to expense.   Any recommendations, plse?

JLB
slpott
: 457

« #7 : September 26, 2011, 01:36:27 AM »

We have verizon wireless and it is fast. I can't imagine you can't have it being so close to us. I would call again,
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #8 : September 26, 2011, 12:14:02 PM »

My Fairpoint DSL, has speed issues, I have connections drop and definitely not the speed rate others are getting.  I was one of the originals to get DSL on Fletcher Road. I would love true high speed! 

Verizon Wireless LTE Aircard will be my next upgrade when it is available; as it is SOOO much faster.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: