Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 08:19:47 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Flu Shot (s) - This Will Confuse People
« previous next »
: [1]
: Flu Shot (s) - This Will Confuse People  ( 4826 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 17, 2009, 07:52:26 AM »

I notice the paper says the is a flu shot clinic here at the Fire Station in Fairfax in October - Wonder which shot it will be??  I understand there are two shots you will need to get this year - I guess I will let my Doctor decide or tell me.  I suspect some people will be getting one or the other and think they are all set.

Maybe they will be??

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : September 17, 2009, 03:11:01 PM »

I believe the flu shot will be for the seasonal flu, and NOT H1N1. 
vtoutdoorguymb
: 136

« #2 : September 17, 2009, 10:26:31 PM »

As I understand it, the H1N1 shot is not up to supply level yet, this first round of shots if for the everyday seasonal flu for this fall/winter/spring, the H1N1 vaccines will be available sometime in October of November to the general public...I do think they are suggesting everyone get the seasonal flu vaccine, the H1N1 is going to first responders and healthcare workers at first so that they can take care of others who may contract the disease. Young adults and elderly are strongly encouraged to get the H1N1 vaccine as they seem to be the most susceptible to H1N1.

Above all, keep in mind that H1N1 is about as serious as the annual flu...(but still nasty) so remember to wash your hands often, sneeze into your elbow when in public, and stay home if you are sick to help prevent spreading illness!!!
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #3 : September 17, 2009, 11:36:38 PM »

It is so hard for "them" to keep up with the shot supply because the strains mutate so quickly.
Our CDC does a pretty darn good job with flu shots.

I don't get the shots, yet, and cannot remember the last time I was sick with actual flu like symptoms.
I probably just jinxed myself. I will end up with the Madcowswinepoultrymuskoxmoose flu now.....
I hear that cigars and Miller Lite combat that strain though, so I may be SET!
dearon
: 233

« #4 : September 18, 2009, 05:56:10 AM »

I no longer get flu shots as the last three times 2005, 2006 & 2007 I ended up with the flu and in 2007 it turned to pneumonia. I dont' think I've even been so ill, I feel a whole lot better without it.  The doctor didn't understand why it would have cause it but let's face it some people do get gravely ill with it and I must be one of them. Just not worth the trouble.
Corm
: 65

« #5 : September 21, 2009, 01:57:51 PM »

Does anyone know when in Oct, and at what time, the flu shots will be available at the Fire Station? My wife thought she read the 17th, but I burnt the paper the other day to start a fire on one of our cold mornings....

Thanks in advance

Corm
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #6 : September 21, 2009, 02:58:12 PM »

10:30 to 11:30 a.m. on October 6, 2009 at the Fire Station in Fairfax - Happens to coincide the First Tuesday of the month with the Senior Citizens Luncheon.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: