Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 04:40:38 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Legislative Adjournment
« previous next »
: [1]
: Legislative Adjournment  ( 3738 )
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« : June 08, 2005, 01:09:03 PM »

The  Vermont  legislature adjourned at about 6pm last  Saturday night. I left the statehouse at about  8pm.  As you've read  in the papers, Governor Douglas is going to veto at  least one  bil,  the fiscal 2006  Appropriations bill, and  may  veto another,  the Health Care bill.    

Since we have to have a budget to run the functions of state  government , we'll  go back  to  Montpelier for a special session before the new  fiscal year  starts July 1. I'm still waiting for word on when the special session will be.  In the meantime I getting back into real life by catching up on all the things I've  let  go while I was in Montpelier.  I told my husband on Monday morning my  goal for this week is to not leave the hill where we live!  

I really appreciate all the input  many of  you have given. My job in Montpelier as your State Representative is not  to  further my  own agenda,  but  to represent  you.   Thanks  for everything.

Representative Carolyn Branagan
Franklin-1, Fairfax/Georgia
Vermont House of Representatives

Carolyn Branagan
: [1]  
« previous next »
: