Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:52:20 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Santee Enters House Race
« previous next »
: [1]
: Santee Enters House Race  ( 5687 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 14, 2010, 04:59:12 PM »

This article appeared in the Monday, June 14, 2010 Edition Of The St. Albans Messenger:

Santee enters House race in Franklin 1

Republican focuses on spending, lake

By Leon Thompson - Messenger Staff Reporter

FAIRFAX — When Chris Santee woke today he looked across Lake Champlain to distant New York and thought, "I don't want that to happen here."

The potential and unprecedented government shutdown in New York State is one of the reasons Santee, of Fairfax, is making his second bid for a seat in the Vermont House of Representatives.
Santee, 53, filed his petition as a Republican last week. With a filing deadline of this Thursday, his only, challengers to date are the Franklin-1 incumbents: Rep. Carolyn Branagan, R-Georgia; and Rep. Gary Gilbert, D-Fairfax.

Franklin-1 is a two-seat House district that covers ^Fairfax and Georgia.

"I'm happy the race is the way it is," Santee said during a phone interview today. "I like both of my opponents."

Santee called Gilbert "a tremendous friend," even if they do differ on some political  and  philosophical views. They are neighbors, and Gilbert coached Santee's son in soccer.

"He's just a great guy," Santee said of Gilbert.  Santee finished third behind Branagan and Gilbert when he ran for the House in 2008. No word yet on whether George Bilodeau, a Georgia Democrat, will again make himself a House candidate in Franklin-1.

For 8 1/2 years, Santee has published the Fairfax News, a monthly newspaper that covers Fairfax and parts of Georgia. He also administers a Fairfax-Georgia news site (www. franklinone.com) that is aptly named for his town's House district.

Santee's top priority is state government spending and a "heavy tax burden" on Vermonters.

"I want to try to get them some tax relief," he said.

He also calls himself an environmentalist and wants to work on Lake Champlain clean-up efforts.

Santee is a justice of the peace, a position he has held for about two years.  As part of his role in that position he recently went to St. Albans Bay for a wedding rehearsal.

"It's cleaner than it has been in past years," he said of water quality there, "but we've still got some work to do."
Santee has also served the Fairfax Business and Professionals Association and is a former board member of Franklin-Grand Isle Habitat for Humanity.

Santee and his wife, Terri, have two sons: Colin, a 19-year-old Johnson State College student; and Cale, a third-grader at Bellows Free Academy-Fairfax.

All major party candidates that are running for the Vermont House or Senate this year must have their petitions filed with the Secretary of State's Office by 5 p.m. on June 17.
« : June 14, 2010, 07:04:56 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : June 14, 2010, 11:34:08 PM »

Um......
Wow...........
Chris has a better view than I do and I'm his neighbor.
I wake up in the morning, look out, and all I see is Georgia Hill.
How can he look out in the morning and look across Lake Champlain?
The only water around is Mill Brook and the Lamoille River.
But he can see the lake and New York from his place?
Lucky guy.
I thought the only ones who could see the lake and NY from Fairfax were the people in Windtop in North Fairfax.

Tomorrow morning I will look harder.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
ohhman
: 469

« #2 : June 15, 2010, 02:03:11 PM »

I chuckled when I read this too!  Living a few houses from Chris, I can't see the lake...or the river,  but I can see Georgia Mountain & someday the wind turbines up there & still think that's better than a development of houses!  But, Chris is a writer so he knows how to make it sound good!!!   Go Chris......good luck....hey Mike maybe that's it, if he wins he's going to move up in the world so he can see the lake......he's a good guy so more power to him!  Good curve ball he threw in with joining the race; I'm a firm Carolyn supporter,  so now comes the flip of the coin to see if Chris or Gary get my 2nd vote & I like them both....hmmmm who's the better choice??
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #3 : June 15, 2010, 04:05:10 PM »

Even I chuckled.
I was sitting on my steps on a sunny morn, talking with Leon on the phone and told him so.
It was a beautiful day. We chatted.

He asked me why I was running and as an example, I stated
"I look at New York and I don't want that to happen here."

I guess the two sentences were tied together and presto,
I can see Russia from my house.

For those who may not know, Leon and I were discussing New York's possible government shutdown from overspending.
NY has since passed emergency funding and they didn't shutdown. This time.

I'd like to thank Leon for the nice article and apologize for any confusion.
And thanks to Henry for posting.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
petefitz
: 96

« #4 : June 16, 2010, 09:18:50 PM »

That's a nice article Chris.  I'm glad to support you!

Peter Fitzgerald
Fairfax, VT
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #5 : June 18, 2010, 10:43:12 PM »

Chris,

Want a P-Word endorsement?

I know people,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
(I am ashamed to say that)

But i will mention you,,,, you have $$$ right????

« : June 18, 2010, 10:46:47 PM Mike Raburn »
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #6 : July 02, 2010, 11:53:21 AM »

do you need a body guard Chris ?
: [1]  
« previous next »
: