Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 06:22:34 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 11/2/09 and Blog- Halloween Re-Hash
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 11/2/09 and Blog- Halloween Re-Hash  ( 2408 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : November 01, 2009, 10:54:43 PM »

November 2, 2009
Picture of the Day

BFA vs. Winooski 10/31/09

HALLOWEEN RE-HASH
Saturday was a full day. Started the usual way- Breakfast from Foothills Bakery, paid some bills, did errands. Had to finish decorating the place for Halloween. Had to put lights up, and get the house ready for the trick-or-treaters. Things have been very busy of late, and hadn't put much up, so Saturday was THE day.
I got a chance to catch some of the football game in the second half. I saw Winooski break the shutout with a touchdown pass to make it 21-7. Then BFA was marching down the field, and I positioned myself for a touchdown photo. I got it. Max Graves had his back to me, but he caught the ball. I then got a shot of the extra point.
I went back home and finished decorating. Margie had friends over for the evening, and they helped with the finish.
I went over to catch the second half of the girls soccer playoff game. A wild one. The rain arrived with 2 minutes left. It felt like hail. And the girls kept playing. Lake Region hoping to score in the chaos, and BFA trying to prevent it.
Everyone got soaked. I know I did. Scoreboard actually shut off with time running out and the official finally just blew the whistle to end it.
I got home, changed, Margie had made beef stew for supper, and I had some of that.
For the first time, I went out and around the village, taking pictures of people's decorations and pumpkins. The fact that we have that extra week of Daylight Savings gives the families, and extra hour of daylight while they go trick-or-treating. I ended up at the fire station.
It was a quiet night all told, but apparently, someone broke some windows over at school near the bus exit of the high school. I know there is a camera in the area, so maybe they can find out who did it.

So now it's dark by 5 o'clock, or shortly thereafter. Tis the season, I guess.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: