Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 10:18:25 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Break-in / Robbery on Goose Pond today
« previous next »
: [1]
: Break-in / Robbery on Goose Pond today  ( 5769 )
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« : November 09, 2011, 03:43:09 PM »

At about 11:30ish today a scumbag thief kicked in a door at residence on Goose Pond Rd today and stole Electronic equipment, a Flat Screen TV and gaming system.  The family of course feels violated and the children frightened that someone would do something so horrible.  A vehicle seen int he area was reported to the police and they are currently attmepting to locate the owner for questioning.  As most scumbags who steal have no integrity or sense of morality - hopes of them returning the stolen property or turning themselves in are slim to none.  Anyone seeing suspicious vehichles or sketchy individuals in the area of River Road, Goose Pond Rd, School Rd or Pumpkin Hollow rd in Fletcher please call Vt State police in St Albans. 

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : November 09, 2011, 04:31:48 PM »

Trooper Cota was on Goose Pond Road today
and can be reached at 524-5993 if you have any information.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Mummy
: 280

« #2 : November 09, 2011, 11:11:33 PM »

Best investment of $99.00 .... Hunter's Trail Cam.   Place it an an area outside (usually a tree) and then you can download hundred of photos onto your computer.  Then you will know who  was in your drive way!  I got one to spy on my dogs but it worked well to see our neighbor's 51-year-old son teasing our dogs - we were truly surprised!  Good luck with finding those who broke in to the house.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #3 : November 10, 2011, 06:25:01 AM »

This is becoming way to common in our town.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
David Shea
: 471

« #4 : November 10, 2011, 07:28:23 AM »

Bottom line is criminals know that they have the upper hand.  Authorities are ineffective in enforcement or apprehension of criminals.  I know this family who has young children and feel terrible for them.  Many families leave their children unsupervised for short periods of time, I hope that the day doesn't come when a criminal breaks in a home where young children are present.

I can only pray to god that these dirt dirt bags would take mercy on the innocent souls of children if found inside upon entering the next target home.
al brodeur
: 216

« #5 : November 10, 2011, 10:03:29 AM »

breakins are growing problem in primarily (bedroom community's) down here in Pa too the crooks know that most homes are empty during the day another thing is not to have your name on the mail box just the house number because your number can be looked up quickly and with cell phones now a wide area can be (cased)
my neighbor recently had a call at 2 am and when he answered the phone he heard a car start up and drive off my wife found some signs which she placed in a few windows  "smile your on camera" and guess what we have been asked about them
Lilone
: 81

« #6 : November 14, 2011, 10:04:43 AM »

There are TONS of sketchy vehicles that come with deer season, and it's hard to tell if they are just looking at the fields. Especially when they stop 20 feet from the driveway. Not to mention the road hunters who crawl by at 5 miles an hr then speed up when a car goes by. Honestly it's creepy. So just to be safe, I take pictures of them all.
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #7 : November 14, 2011, 11:51:54 AM »

The neighbor i spoke with today has purchased a motion activated camera for their yard and driveway.  We've spoken to our other neighbors nearby and we're setting up a network in which if anyone approaches our houses from any direction ( road, woods, back/side yards ) we'll have them on recorded video.  I guess you can buy other systems that link to wifi and you can set-up to call your smart phone and up to 4 other numbers.   My neighbor down the road just purchased one of them as well. 

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: