Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:59:43 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Humph...
« previous next »
: [1]
: Humph...  ( 5362 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : January 09, 2011, 02:27:35 PM »

This is neither current events, nor discussion, nor announcements...but.

We, the residents of Boissoneault Rd. would deeply appreciate it if whoever  dumps the remains of butchered  deer at the edge of Mill Brook near the bridge would cease and desist.  A second collection of carcass remains has  recently appeared.  The remains provide unpleasant temptations for curious dogs.
Thank you.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #1 : January 10, 2011, 10:19:12 AM »

Someone is still dumping there Rev.? I have picked up 2 there since you called me was it last year or the year before.  If you see anymore there just give me a call I can come grab them I have a spot to dump them.  Showing up this time of year it is most likely poachers so Fish and Game will probably want to know about it to.  anyway let me know 802-752-0908 

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Shadylane08
: 125

« #2 : January 10, 2011, 03:32:21 PM »

I was thinking the samething Josh, that its awful late in the year for people to still have deer parts, and that its probably a poacher.  You got a spot to dump them?  Is this 100yds from  your back deck? ;-) good coyote bait
Rev. Elizabeth

« #3 : January 10, 2011, 03:54:29 PM »

Not interested in baiting coyotes, I'm afraid, though we do hear them oftimes....
Stand Alone Defense

« #4 : January 10, 2011, 04:48:58 PM »

HAHA Shadylane08 you called it!!! I do have a spot on dad's farm that I like to bait them, we have had a big increase in the population this year so I'm just doing my part.

Shadylane08
: 125

« #5 : January 11, 2011, 09:06:50 AM »

Rev keep an eye for anymore suspicious activity down by that dump site.  Theres been an ongoing poaching problem throughout fairfax and fletcher the last couple years, and busting a couple of these guys would be great!  I know a lot of local hunters sure would appreciate it!

That'a boy Josh, more people need to do their part with the coyote population, its kinda blown up the last couple years.  You've got more land to play with then I do, but I got a little trick for coyotes that I've heard works good.  Take those random deer parts that the Rev is talking about with some other random meat, mix it with water and a good amount of household sugar, put it all in a 5gal bucket with a chain sticking out of the bucket and freeze it solid.  When its froze heat the outside of the bucket to get the "meat Popsicle" out and go chain it to a tree.  I've heard they love sugar and can't leave it alone.  Let me know if it works!
Stand Alone Defense

« #6 : January 12, 2011, 10:33:49 AM »

I am going to try that for sure!!! next full moon with good light I'm on it we have a pack of what looks to be 5 adults(based on tracks and scouting) up across the road from my dads.  Kind of weird though I have never seen them move in packs like that before but maybe its because we haven't had that many around in the past.

Rev. Elizabeth

« #7 : January 14, 2011, 12:29:59 PM »

Thanks, Josh, for removing the remains of a rather large deer.  It is disheartening  to see such waste and disrespect of creation....
Stand Alone Defense

« #8 : January 14, 2011, 01:45:16 PM »

Not a problem REV., it is sad a lot of good meet gone to waist and it is people like this that give sportsmen a bad public image.  I contacted the Game Wardens and made them aware of the situation I really hope the person or persons get caught. 
« : January 14, 2011, 01:50:58 PM FXDHS »

: [1]  
« previous next »
: