Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:06:00 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The Invasion Of The Naked Body Scanner
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Invasion Of The Naked Body Scanner  ( 5399 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 22, 2010, 08:34:45 AM »

Someone sent me an e-mail with a link to YouTube, The Invasion Of The Naked Body Scanner - Don't know if any of you have seen it, but appears to want to get everybody hypped up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CctB7V6Je1Y

Henry Raymond
Shadylane08
: 125

« #1 : November 22, 2010, 12:34:16 PM »

I don't know how other people feel about this but really I feel like the TSA is in a no win situation right now.  So everyone is calling for tighter security to avoid another 9/11 incident but then they don't like being involved in the tighter security.

Personally I don't have a problem walking thru one of the scanners as long as Everyone has to walk thru them.  This way there is no question about the safety on our planes, and there is no singling out due to sex, age, race.
logical
: 141

« #2 : November 22, 2010, 02:52:53 PM »

Those individuals that are complaining about going through the scanner are also those that would be the first to criticize the TSA if something got through that caused harm to others. 
JAS
: 41

« #3 : November 22, 2010, 10:08:02 PM »

I don't want manufacturing jobs to be sent overseas, I don't want mom and pop shops to close, but I .....
I don't want healthcare costs to go up, but I won't give up .......
I don't agree with what is going on in Washington, but I don't ......
I don't like the price of gas, but I won't .....
I am tired of all the bickering, but I won't .....
I don't want to rely on foreign oil, but don't want to......
I don't want another airplane terrorist attack, but I don't want to....

slpott
: 457

« #4 : November 23, 2010, 07:27:49 AM »

In the big picture of life, does it really effect someone that much.  Acceptance is a beautiful asset to have in your life. I guess for me I compare it to giving up a great portion of my family life for the safety of all American people. I would have given my eye and teeth to have just done a 5 minute pat down. It certainly taught me to think of myself as a team player with all of you being on the same team. I rather be invaded by a body scanner than a fellow American with no boundries. Just my personal opinion.
cedarman
: 370

« #5 : November 23, 2010, 09:05:52 AM »

This scanner is just another system for the TSA to help provide a false sense of security. 
Security needs to start when people enter the Airport.  IF our gov't was serious about security, they would take notes from Isreal airports (which DON'T use full body scanners). Their security starts at the entrance to the airport.  Every airport employee is trained to watch for and identify suspicious behavior, and you'll never hear people crying about "profiling".  Of course they profile. Doing so is a useful tool for identifying individuals to watch more closely.

Terrorist could send 6 people all fitting the same general characteristics to one airport in the US at the same time.  At least one would get through (assuming their weapons are not metallic) because TSA people would be afraid of being accused of profiling if they sent all 6 though the body scanner.
Thor

« #6 : November 23, 2010, 03:22:38 PM »

I totally agree.
al brodeur
: 216

« #7 : November 23, 2010, 03:48:17 PM »

just a thought for those who oppose the body scan, just think of the comments that some rescue worker will make picking up your body parts
as far as pat downs I went thru one in london in1977, that I'll gaurentee you is more invasive than the ones today, maybe the inspector was mad I do not know  but it hurt like hell his wild thumb got everything.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #8 : November 24, 2010, 11:30:54 PM »

As long as female pats me down, no worries here..... (if ya know what I mean!)
: [1]  
« previous next »
: