Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 01:12:56 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Champlain Farms Store On South Main In St. Albans Robbed Last Night
« previous next »
: [1]
: Champlain Farms Store On South Main In St. Albans Robbed Last Night  ( 8523 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 17, 2010, 08:14:21 AM »

Police in Franklin County are looking for the masked-man who held up a convenient store tonight. The armed robber hit the Champlain Farms store on South Main Street in Saint Albans. He held the clerk at knife-point -- and demanded cash. He fled on foot -- but police aren't saying how much money he stole. He's a white man -- about 5 feet 8 inches tall -- and he weighs about 180 pounds. He had a black scarf around his face -- and was wearing a blue and green jacket -- and a black hoody. He's was still on the loose at 11 p.m. last night

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : February 17, 2010, 05:14:29 PM »

Robber wields knife in City
Champlain Farms hit by armed man
By LEON THOMPSON
Messenger Staff Writer

Feb 17, 2010 Edition Of The St. Albans Messenger

ST. ALBANS CITY — Police here are searching for a man who committed an armed robbery Tuesday at the Champlain Farms store on South Main Street.

City and Vermont State Police officers responded to the store at 6:33 p.m., soon after a male brandished a hunting knife with a 6-to-8-inch blade and demanded money from a female cashier.

Due to an ongoing investigation, City Police Chief Gary Taylor would not disclose how much money the robber nabbed.

"It's been a while since we had a quick-stop holdup," Taylor said this morning.

The store employee said the suspect wore a dark scarf over his face, a blue-green jacket, a dark hoodie, sweatshirt, dark pants, and dark shoes with white soles. He stood about 5 feet, 8 inches tall, and weighed between 175 to 180 pounds.

The employee was uninjured. There were no customers inside the store when the robbery occurred.

After the robbery, the suspect fled north on foot. A sent-tracking K-9 unit from the Grand Isle Sheriff's Department responded to the scene and followed a trail on Main Street, but then lost it.

City police are reviewing footage from a video surveillance camera from inside the store. The entire incident lasted less than a minute.

A similar incident transpired  at  the  St.  Albans City Champlain Farms in October 2008, when a Richford woman allegedly committed assault and robbery at the store, during the overnight hours. Jennifer Landry was arrested and held on $2,000 bail for her alleged involvement in that incident.  Anyone with more information should call St. Albans City Police at 802-524-2166, or the Vermont State Police barracks in St. Albans at 802-524-5993.
« : February 17, 2010, 05:45:39 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : February 18, 2010, 10:33:43 AM »

PRESS RELEASE
St. Albans Police Department

The St. Albans Police Department responded to an armed robbery at Champlain Farms on South Main Street on 02-16-10 at approximately 6:33 PM. Investigators determined that a lone, white male entered the business brandishing a hunting type knife with an approximate 6”-8” blade and demanded money from the female cashier. The suspect is described as: 5’8”, 175-180 lbs., wearing a blue and green jacket with a dark colored hoodie, dark pants, dark shoes with white soles, and a dark scarf pulled up around his face. The cashier indicated that the knife had a brown handle. The suspect fled on foot with the stolen proceeds. He was last seen running in a northerly direction on South Main Street.

Troopers from the Vermont State Police and a K-9 from the Grand Isle County Sheriff’s Department responded to the scene and assisted as well.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the St. Albans Police Department at 524-2166.

« : February 18, 2010, 08:30:33 PM Henry »

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : February 18, 2010, 08:31:00 PM »

I just added the photos to Chris's post

Henry Raymond
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #4 : February 21, 2010, 12:37:23 AM »

WOW!!! He has my jacket and he fits my height and weight!!! Guess i won't be walking around St Albans wearing it with a black scarf anytime soon!!
« : February 21, 2010, 12:39:36 AM FXDHS »

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #5 : February 21, 2010, 03:44:02 AM »

WOW!!! He has my jacket and he fits my height and weight!!! Guess i won't be walking around St Albans wearing it with a black scarf anytime soon!!

But did he have your, our, hair line???
He musta....hoody all up and all.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #6 : February 21, 2010, 05:06:31 AM »

LOL what hair line Mike?  I find the hood alone doesn't work I need a tuke to.  Probably need 2 up in your neck of the world.
« : February 21, 2010, 05:30:57 AM FXDHS »

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
: [1]  
« previous next »
: