Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 08:54:21 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Full Obituary For Jared Templeton
« previous next »
: [1]
: Full Obituary For Jared Templeton  ( 8111 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 31, 2008, 04:36:20 PM »

JARED J. TEMPLETON 

Milton, Jared J. Templeton, 16 of Milton died unexpectedly, but peacefully with his family by his side, Saturday August 30, 2008 at Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington from injuries sustained as a result of an automobile accident.

Jared was born February 26, 1992 in Burlington, the son of Joel and Shawn Cosgrove Templeton.  He attended Milton Schools and was about to enter his junior year this week at Milton High School. 

A young man with a tremendous sense of humor, Jared always enjoyed a practical joke.  He was a caring and friendly conversationalist and would take the time to talk to anyone both young and old.  He also had a huge love for Dogs.  He would spend his last dime to buy dog treats for a strange dog that he would run into.  Many times Jared would go out of his way if he saw a dog coming towards him just to pet it and talk to its owner.  He was very proud of the fact that he was able to assist his Dad with his Radon Mitigation Service business where Jared was well respected by his customers as a personable, courteous and respectable young man.  A person who enjoyed fixing things, Jared was very mechanically inclined and was not afraid to tackle anything that might not be working right.  In his spare time he enjoyed Snowboarding, Snowmobiling, Dirt Biking, BMX Biking, Fishing and Deer Hunting. He was proud that he was able to shoot his first deer last fall.  Jared will be missed very much.

Jared is survived by his father, Joel Templeton of Milton and his mother, Shawn Cosgrove of Milton.  His two sisters, Jessica Templeton and Makayla Cosgrove both of Milton, his grandparents, Robert and Connie Cosgrove of Alburg and Nancy Templeton of Shelburne.  His uncles and aunts, Robert Cosgrove Jr. and his wife Victoria of Chester and Michael Cosgrove and wife, Heather of Ferrisburg, Lori and Michael Willette of South Burlington, Jay and Sherry Templeton of Dallas, TX, Jeff Templeton of Burlington, Jim and Jennifer Templeton of Milton, Jon Templeton of South Burlington and Lisa and Randy Hanlon of South Burlington as well as numerous cousins and one of his many best buddies, Randy Devine.  Jared was predeceased by his grandfather, Norman Templeton. 

Jared’s last incredible generous gift before his passing was to donate his organs to sick and needy recipients.  Several people will continue to live due to Jared’s kindness.  We believe that this was God’s plan for Jared all along.  That God put Jared on earth for the purpose of helping others.  Through receiving Jared’s precious organs, Jared and the people he helped will continue to live on.

A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Wednesday September 3, 2008 at 11 am with Fr. John Feltz, celebrant in St. Ann’s Catholic Church in Milton.  Burial will follow in St. Ann’s Cemetery. Visiting Hours will be held on Tuesday September 2, from 2-4 and 6:30 -9 pm with Vigil Prayers being offered by Fr. Feltz at 3:45 pm in the Minor Funeral Home, Route 7 in Milton.

For those who wish, Memorial Contributions may be made to the Humane Society of Chittenden County, 142 Kindness Court, South Burlington, VT  05403 or to the Jared Templeton Scholarship Fund to be established in Jared’s memory for a Milton High School student in care of Joel Templeton, 39 Allen Drive, Milton, VT  05468

Arrangements are by the Minor Funeral Home of Milton.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : September 04, 2008, 09:14:31 AM »

It has been brought to my attention by someone who attended Jared's funeral yesterday, what a wonderful tribute was given to him.  It would be nice to get these tributes regarding things he did and accomplished in his short life from some official source.  I certainly would be happy to put them up here.  Too often our youth are condemmed and too infrequently they are not given credit for what they accomplish.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: