Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:50:12 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Corner of River Road and Fletcher Road
« previous next »
: [1]
: Corner of River Road and Fletcher Road  ( 2525 )
Willinreach
: 33

« : May 02, 2014, 08:02:00 PM »

Just curious if anyone has ever been in an accident or close to being in an accident because someone ran the stop sign at the end of River Road?  A few weeks back, on my way home from work at roughly 7:30 AM, I was going up the small hill near the church and making the left hand turn onto Fletcher Road where I see a pickup truck flying down River Road, right through the stop sign.  I slammed on my breaks and he slammed on his breaks, missing my car by only a few feet.  The expression on his face and what he was doing with his hands and fingers made it seem like I was inconveniencing him...  I see this happen a lot, not only in the morning on my way home from work, but also in the evening on my way to work...  The Stop Sign is clearly noticeable, but  I rarely see anyone stopping at it.
vtmomx3
: 11

« #1 : May 03, 2014, 04:17:37 PM »

Great question!  I haven't seen any accidents there but, like you, have been in some close calls. Coming down Fletcher Rd, I have seen quite a few cars continue through the River Rd stop sign and the driver hasn't looked to the right. There have also been a number of times I've seen cars that are going up the little hill to River Rd and not slowing or looking to their left to see if vehicles are already turning onto River Rd.  Can be scary and it's truly not that difficult to be aware of other drivers on the road.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: