Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 02:30:16 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Yup!! Banks Do Make Errors
« previous next »
: [1]
: Yup!! Banks Do Make Errors  ( 3261 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 29, 2010, 09:47:18 AM »

After Maryann died, Mary Kay helped me get set up on line for my checking account.  I don't write many checks, but go on several times a week to make sure they have my Direct Deposits in as well as my Electronic Fund Transfers for the bills I automatically pay.

This morning, I noticed that they had a check with the wrong amount.  They had it for $84 instead of $84.99, so I called them.  Lo and Behold they did have the wrong amount and were very grateful that I called them.

Henry Raymond
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #1 : December 29, 2010, 09:53:12 AM »

You just lost 99 Cents Henry!!! That is some hardcore honesty you have there, I probably would have only called if it was more then what I wrote it for HAHA. J/K

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : December 29, 2010, 10:06:46 AM »

Interesting thing Josh, over the years I have had a number of times when I have had errors happen which supposedly would have benefited me.  Once, Larry Parsons made an error of $20 in change to me and this has also happened in some of the larger stores as well.

On the other side, down at Hannafords in Essex Center one time, I had made out a check for $20 more so I would have some cash in my wallet.  I didn't notice it at the time, but when I got home noticed it, and the slip showed $20 cash back, so I called them.  They asked me which cashier I had and I gave them the information on the slip.  They told me if they came out $20 over that they would let me know.  I did not hear from them, so I called them and they told me they did not find an error. I told them they may not have found it, but there definitely had been an error as I had nothing in my wallet when I got home.  The next time I went down, I spoke with the manager and he refunded my $20.  I did have to give my name & address and sign something, but I had no problem with that.  I suspect they may check to may sure I was not a store scammer picking up some extra cash this way.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: