Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 11:23:32 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Yup!! It's Fair Time
« previous next »
: [1]
: Yup!! It's Fair Time  ( 2559 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 30, 2006, 07:08:26 PM »

Hi All,

Well, Maryann and I made our yearly trip to the fair  --  We sure did pick a beautiful day.

When we arrived at the Fairgrounds we were met at the entrance by Tom Neopolitano who was at the gate where you enter the actual grounds.

Went through a few of the buildings and were out in the food area, just looking around when I heard, "Hi Fairfax."

Al & Dot Woodward, the first Fairfax residents I had seen at the fair so far  --  Brought my camera as I figured I would see a lot of familiar faces from town.  I did see 101 year old Ray Jenkins who I worked with when I was at IBM.  Ray is still working and managing a couple machine maintenance men at the Champlain Valley Exposition and still not planning to retire.

Visited several food stands and decided near the end of our stay at the fair we would visit the Vermont Sugar House  --  Lots of goodies in there along with a former Fairfax resident working:

Just in case you don't recognize her, it is Alma (Fanton) Fournier.  Alma is now living in Freedom, NH and had told me in an e-mail that she would be working  Tuesday & Wednesday in the Sugar House at the fair.  Of course the lady with her is my wife Maryann.  They had a good visit, but Alma had to get back to work, even though this is a volunteer job.  You can see two samples of the embroidery done at Diane (Fanton) Rooney Myott's shop in the photo.  If you would like to check out her web site, click on the following link:

On the apron for the Sugar House, and the tee shirt the Sugar House gives in appreciation to all of it's volunteers who work a shift or more.  (Over 200 shirts are given)

And of course if you are going to go to the Sugar House, might as well pick up one of those Maple Cree-Mees.

Would have picked up some of those Maple Glazed doughnuts, but as I said, I did stop at too many other food concessions prior to getting to this one.
[/b]
« : September 01, 2006, 11:15:34 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: