Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:42:53 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Christmas Decorations Of The Past
« previous next »
: [1]
: Christmas Decorations Of The Past  ( 3552 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 25, 2007, 08:50:24 AM »

I suspect many youngsters 20 years or so down the line will talk about the Old Bevins House at the foot of Mill Hill and their trek through the thousands of decorations meticulously put up by the Lloyd & Gyneth Bevins.  Either the Free Press or the Messenger came up one year and did a story on them, but I don't know if I saved it or not.  The above photo was taken on December 23, 2002.  I am sure Mike Cain must have taken some photos of it as thousands of others over the years also must have.  What a great dedication to Christmas this couple had as they lit up the many lights on Thanksgiving Night.

Loyd and Gyneth sold the place on June 7, 2004, so December 2003 was the last year of the most decorated house Fairfax has ever seen and I seriously doubt anyone will ever have the dedication and patience that Lloyd and Gyneth Bevins had to ever accomplish such a feat again.
« : November 25, 2007, 08:55:21 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : November 25, 2007, 09:11:58 AM »

I'm not sure if I took pictures of the place, or not. When did they move? If it was before 2005, I may not have, as I didn't have the digital camera then, and any photos of Christmas lights come out weird with a film camera. I know. I tried.
« : November 25, 2007, 09:31:28 AM Henry »

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Counselor
: 55

« #2 : December 16, 2011, 07:31:42 PM »

There is a place just off Rte 7 past the unused Clausens nursery (the one just as you come out of Colchester heading to Milton).  I am not sure of the right hand turn there off 7 but it takes you into Essex.  Anyway, there is a place there, just after the turn that reminds me of the picture Henry posted.  Quite an extensive display, and certainly a must see.
Luap
: 26

« #3 : December 17, 2011, 07:32:50 AM »

The Bevins moved from Fairfax to Newton Road in St. Albans and continued their light decorations there.  I don't know if they are still doing it now.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: