Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 07:16:43 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Now Here's A Guy Who Takes His Job Seriously
« previous next »
: [1]
: Now Here's A Guy Who Takes His Job Seriously  ( 5591 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 11, 2008, 12:42:37 PM »

Hi All,

I was very impressed with our St. Albans Messenger Motor Delivery Route Person. - He never misses a delivery - Must have got his training from Pete Ashline who was a long time Motor Route Carrier for The St. Albans Messenger.  I was absolutely amazed one day when I went out to pick up my Messenger and it wasn't there, however, the next day here is what I found in my Paper Box:

I just finished talking with a customer service person at The Burlington Free Press, complaining about the fact that in the past two and one-half weeks their carrier has missed delivering my paper 9 times which according to my calculations it about 50% of the time.  I know that those of you that get your paper daily, probably think I am obsessed with this problem, but, considering the circumstances, I don't think I am.

I am sending the link to this forum post to Customer Service at the Burlington Free Press - Will it help??  God only knows.

My other concern is that if people don't call they are not getting credit for a paper not delivered - One almost needs to hire an accountant to keep track of this.

Henry Raymond
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #1 : March 11, 2008, 02:35:24 PM »

I used to get the BFP home delivered.  I say used, because I had the same problem.  Mine went for weeks.  I'd get one day then not the next....last straw was when my neighbor got theirs and I did not.   I called and cancelled.  When they asked why?  I told them to check their computers because they should have seen why. 

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
greenek
: 54

« #2 : March 11, 2008, 03:17:20 PM »

Henry,

I share your frustration in not getting the BFP on a regular basis. We didn't get ours this morning. Maybe it will be there when I get home from work today. Part of the frustration is that if you call their 800 number, they have outsourced their customer service to someplace out of state. I get better results by speaking with the circulation manager, in Burlington. This was a couple of months ago, when delivery was nonexistent for almost 2 weeks. Now it seems to be only once a week or so.
MikeF9
: 1994

« #3 : March 11, 2008, 05:35:03 PM »

Our Free Press was late. I bought one at Steeple Market and was told their papers had only arrived an hour before. When I got home, there was the paper. Oh well.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator

« #4 : March 12, 2008, 07:07:54 AM »

I got word yesterday that the District Managers will be delivering the Burlington Free Press in parts of Fairfax until a new Motor Route Carrier can be hired - I did get my newspaper this morning - For those of you who may think some of us are obsessed with this, try tramping out to your paper box in the winter, 9 out of 17 days and find you have no morning paper, then call in each day it is missing so you can get credit for it, all the while not having the vaguest idea who is supposed to be delivering it.  When you call the number given, you will be talking to a computer, that finally gives up trying to understand you as you enunciate and yell into the receiver before it transfers you to to someone in Kentucky, who has no idea what the area even looks like.

Anyhow, lets hope things are looking up and many thanks to those of you that helped echo my complaints to Customer Service at The Burlington Free Press.

Henry Raymond
katrinaantonovich
: 162

« #5 : March 13, 2008, 02:56:54 PM »

Well the district managers managed to miss my house this morning no free press for the 2nd time this week!
Henry
Administrator

« #6 : March 13, 2008, 04:48:12 PM »

Hi Katrina,

The Free Press according to its web site had Technical Difficulties and stated the paper would be late.  I went out at 8:55 and it wasn't there, but it did arrive around 9:05 a.m.

Henry Raymond
katrinaantonovich
: 162

« #7 : March 13, 2008, 08:02:48 PM »

as of 9pm no paper :(
greenek
: 54

« #8 : March 14, 2008, 08:01:21 AM »

Our paper was waiting for us when we got home on Wednesday. Received the BFP both yesterday and this morning, both before we left for work. Delivery yesterday and today was a little after 7:00 a.m., but I don't know if that was related to technical difficulties, or due to a different delivery person. In the past, it wasn't uncommon for the paper to be delivered around 4:00 a.m.

Kevin
: [1]  
« previous next »
: