Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 12:03:29 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Not Many Jewelry Stores Around Here - Had To Use Yellow Pages
« previous next »
: [1]
: Not Many Jewelry Stores Around Here - Had To Use Yellow Pages  ( 2968 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 12, 2010, 11:33:54 AM »

Maryann wants to get her ring checked to make sure the diamond is still solidly attached.  Back many years ago Maryann was making Thanksgiving Dinner for both our families and after all was done, happen to look down at her ring finger and saw that her diamond was gone from her engagement ring.  She has always assumed that she lost it when she was making the dressing.  It was the original diamond ring that I had given her for Christmas on December 25, 1959.  It certainly was not a big diamond, but meant a lot to her.

I believe it was one of the first years we lived here, which would have been around 1968 that she lost the diamond and we went down to Fremeau's in Burlington soon afterward and got her another one.  I haven't been down on Church Street in Burlington in years and the only other Jewelry Store I knew around here was Drinkwaters in St. Albans, however that went out of business a few years ago.  Got out the Yellow Pages for St. Albans and found they have a Jewelry Store Called Eatons.  Maryann called them and they are located where Drinkwaters used to be..

Sooooo, if anybody sees me going into the Jewelry Store in St. Albans this afternoon, I am not making some big purchase for Maryann for Valentine's Day, just getting her rings checked.

Happy Valentines Day Everybody

Henry Raymond
cakelady
: 43

« #1 : February 12, 2010, 12:39:59 PM »

The Eaton's are great people. They bought the store from the Drinkwaters. I am sure you will be pleased!
slpott
: 457

« #2 : February 12, 2010, 01:57:37 PM »

I remember when I was a kid my mom noticed her ring was gone too. After she put the stuffed turkey in the oven. She wondered where she had lost it and when the turkey came out she found it in the stuffing. I wonder how many other people this has happened too. Great excuse to get a diamond every Christmas. Desert Diamond.com is a wonderful place to get diamonds. They are a rock from Saudi Arabia tossed and turned just like the real thing and cut just the same. To the human eye it is hard for a jewler to tell the difference and a quarter of the price. I always wanted gaudy diamonds and now I have then. Not heart broken if I was to lose one either. Well, I did lose an earring last year that I had had 7 years or so and magically found it in my yard 5 days later. If any of you know where I live, you can say that that was a miracle in itself. I even got a bouquet of flowers out of the deal from a neighbor who thought they were real. I love my diamonds. Bling is good.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: