Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:05:18 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Public input on ordinances
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Public input on ordinances  ( 10888 )
Mummy
: 280

« #15 : February 01, 2010, 09:28:15 AM »

I would never vote for it! 
msm
: 211

« #16 : February 01, 2010, 01:01:08 PM »

Josh,

What are the Vermont driving restrictions for teenagers ?

For Example,  in Florida,  16 year olds drivers can not drive after 11 PM.  ( with exceptions similiar to your friend provided ).   

With a State mandate,  the kids are supposed to be home by 11 PM.  The Hours of operation increases for a 17 year old,  they can drive up to the Midnight Hour. 

Using this approach the entire state plays by the same rules, thus enforncement is consistent.  Just another perspective.  It's not a curfew by name,  but is an excellent tool to ensure kids are not " Out and About'  doing things they shouldn't be doing.

Mike M

Mike M
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #17 : February 01, 2010, 11:19:36 PM »

Hey Mike,

Vermont does have restrictions on Junior opperator Licenses witch is what persons under the age of 18 are issued.  It's been a while since Title 23 training but I pretty sure this is how it goes.

For the first 3 months junior opperators are only aloud to drive alone or with one of the following.

-    licensed parent or legal guardian
-    licensed adult that is a minimum of 25 years of age

After 3 months up to 6 months you can drive with family members only no age restriction.  I also believe you can not drive after dark for the first 6 months.

If you receive 3 points on your driving license and you are under 18 you will also receive a 90 day suspension 

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: