Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 09:40:34 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Selectboard Press Release - Deadline Jan 17 For Intent
« previous next »
: [1]
: Selectboard Press Release - Deadline Jan 17 For Intent  ( 2747 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 05, 2005, 08:18:05 AM »

Selectboard Press Release

Due to repetitive information in the Tuesday, January 4, 2005 issue of The St. Albans Messenger, below are some excerpts from an article written by Lee J. Kahrs – Messenger Staff Writer in that issue of the paper.

“The selectboard has accepted an offer as presented to us and agreed upon by both attorneys and have accepted Ms. Levick’s resignation with conditions.  The board believes this to be in the best interest of the community.  The Town will move forward and so will this board.”

The board’s statement Monday night came after an executive session to discuss issuing a press release at the end of the three-hour meeting.

During the public comment period prior to the executive session, some Fairfax residents were concerned about the situation.

“I would like to know how frustrating this has been to which, and how difficult it has been to understand,” said Clarice Streets of Fairfax.

Streets said she had hoped the board would openly discuss the issue that night.

“It may sound like we’re passing the buck or avoiding the issue, but we’re not,” Blake replied, “I won’t engage in mud-slinging in the media.”

The town clerk vacancy must be warned for 10 days.  Meunier will be the interim clerk until January 17, when the selectboard meets once the 10-day period has past.

According to state statute, notice of the vacancy must be posted in at least two public places.  Voters may petition the board for a special election by securing the signatures of at least five percent of the registered Fairfax voters.  Otherwise, the vote will be held at Town Meeting.

Blake said anyone interested in running for the office must submit a letter of intent to the board by January 17 in order to run for the seat at March Town Meeting.

Henry Raymond
Judy Allard

« #1 : January 05, 2005, 08:47:55 PM »

Submit a letter of intent to the Board????

All  you need is a petition signed by 1% of the voters to be able to run for this office. There is a date but I would have to call Ms. Markowitz for it.

Deborah Markowitz, Secretarty of State, 828-2148
Director of elections, 828-2304

http://www.sec.state.vt.us

What would happen....IF....all the voters..were to write in TINA LEVICK to come back and finish the job that she was voted in to do???
: [1]  
« previous next »
: