Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 06:54:52 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Donna Meunier Appointed Interim Fairfax Town Clerk
« previous next »
: [1]
: Donna Meunier Appointed Interim Fairfax Town Clerk  ( 3192 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 04, 2005, 07:39:20 AM »

Fairfax, Vermont - January 3, 2005

A controversy in Fairfax has ended with the town clerk's resignation. Tina Levick is stepping down after months of legal and personal battles with the Fairfax selectboard.

Levick left this message on the town office voice mail: "I am very disappointed to say that I'm no longer your town clerk. For many unfortunate reasons that have occurred within this office, mainly after my re-election in March 2004, with the interference and the lack of support from the selectboard, the treasurer and the listers, I have been forced to resign. Basically, I was not wanted, because I refused to be controlled by these people."

The battle between Levick and the selectboard began when the board refused to pay Levick's sister, who served as the assistant town clerk in March. Levick hired her sister after firing another assistant. But that dismissal was voided by the board.

The selectboard has verbally agreed to pay Levick a severance package that totals more than $13,000. Selectboard chair Jeff Blake says the settlement in the best interest of the community. For the time being, the board has named Donna Meunier interim-Town Clerk.

Darren Perron - Channel 3 News

Henry Raymond
Tina

« #1 : January 05, 2005, 07:05:15 AM »

First of all I would like to thank Henry Raymond for having this website available for the people.  I also want to say that I will miss you Henry.  You have always been kind and sincere to me and you were always there to help the people if needed.  I would also like to say that Henry has done a wonderful job compiling all of our Birth, Death, & Marrage records into two large books that people can access with ease.  I had many complements about how much time and effort this man has VOLUNTEERED to put into this town. I really enjoyed his company and conversation.
As everyone knows there is only so much time to record a message.  I had to shorten it up a bit to fit it all in.  I neglected to add one person to the list of instigators at the beginning of my message.  That person is the Delinquent Tax Collector.  
The second part of my message:
"For the record, I did not want to resign, I loved my job, I was very dedicated & pleasant, I enjoyed helping everyone who walked through that door or called me on the phone, and most importantly, I was always up-to-date with my recording.  
If I could give any advise to the people, it would be to attend your selectboard meetings every Monday night at 7:00 P.M., and become more involved with what is really going on in your Town.  It is our money that the Town has control of.  All of you should know where it is being spent.  It is also very important, especially for all of the new people who have moved into town within the last two to three years, to ATTEND TOWN MEETING, which is on Feb 26 this year in the school.  It falls on a Saturday.  This is the time when most of our voting happens.  Every issue that is not on the ballot gets voted on during this time. It is also a time when many Town issues and discussions come up.
I will sincerely miss serving in my position.  I hope you all have a wonderful New Year."
Tina
Judy Allard

« #2 : January 05, 2005, 04:11:23 PM »

I have been told that Donna is a good employee. Also, it would make sence to have her fill in due to her knowledge of the job.
BUT my question is......Is she filling in to cover this postition....or is she the future pick of the Selectboard ?
Voting day will tell it all !!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: