Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:27:54 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Winter In Vermont - Christmas Tour
« previous next »
: [1]
: Winter In Vermont - Christmas Tour  ( 2542 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 20, 2004, 07:41:52 PM »

Hi All,

At 7:30 p.m. outside temperature is 18.9 below zero

Keeping the snow man in the front yard of the Old Hubbert House intact at least until this coming Thursday when we are expecting rain.

Well, Bob Bessette and I went out for our Annual Christmas Tour on a typical Vermont Christmas Like evening  Light snow falling, temperature in the very low teens, very peaceful and quiet.  This was very well planned as usual, as when we left the house; we had absolutely no idea where we were headed.

Our first picture, which was taken on Maple Street at the Weber Residence where Dorothy King used to live, was nothing but huge snowflakes.  Thank God I was able to preview it.  Bob then remembered that I did not use my Flash last year to avoid that situation in a much more serious snowstorm.  From there on, things went pretty well.  Wherever we saw some interesting lights, Bob would twist and turn in the road so all my pictures were taken out of the car window.  Then if it happened we didn’t know who lived there, we would try to get a number or name off the mailbox, while in other cases, we just used the Road Name.

Along with all this, we had some great conversation.  Bob, who is a real true native of Fairfax, is always a joy to talk to.  He also dropped off a few goodies when he arrived at the house, which made my eyes light up just a bit.

I have two pictures that I will redo  One of the Weber Residence and another of a unique Christmas decoration at the Groseclose Residence where my camera would no longer work and was ready for a recharge.

If you would like to view the photos we took last night, click on the following link:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/newsclips/chrtour_2004.html

I had planned to go out tonight and retake the two photos I goofed on, but after one look at the thermometer, will probably try that tomorrow night.  There were many more photos we could have taken, but we do need to save some for the years to come, The Good Lord Willing.

Have a great Christmas and a Happy & Healthy New Year,
Henry

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: