Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 07:35:26 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  James Joseph Ryan Dies At Age 71
« previous next »
: [1]
: James Joseph Ryan Dies At Age 71  ( 3034 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 08, 2014, 08:21:10 PM »

James Joseph Ryan

July 9, 1942 - January 7, 2014

Cambridge - James Joseph Ryan, 71, died peacefully Tuesday, January 7, 2014, at the Vermont Respite House in Williston with this family by his side. Jim was born on July 9, 1942, in Burlington, the son of William and Mary ( Southwell ) Ryan Sr. He graduated from BFA Fairfax and entered the U.S. Air Force during the Vietnam Conflict. He was a Foreman for Vermont Heating and Ventilating. He also was a member of the Loyal Order of the Moose in So. Burlington. He loved to hunt and listen to country music, and enjoyed eating at the Country Pantry and the Milton Diner. He will be dearly missed by his family and friends. Jim is survived by his sister Marjorie Forant of Burlington, his brother William Ryan Jr. and his wife Sally of Milton, his sister, Jane Gordon of Milton, his step-brother Michael Dubuque and wife Kathy of Milton, his step-sister Darlene Dubuque of St. Albans, his nieces and nephews Rene, Pam, Russell, Randy, Valerie, Bart Jr., Michelle, Misty and Michael and by many cousins. Jim was predeceased by his parents, his stepfather Francis Dubuque, his sister Barbara Chamberlin and her husband Bart, and his brother-in-law Willis Gordon and nephew Russell Chamberlin. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Monday January 13, 2014 at 11 am in St. Ann Catholic Church in Milton with burial following in St. Luke's Cemetery. Memorials may be made to the Vermont Respite House, 99 Allen Brook Road, Williston, VT 05495. Visiting hours will be held on Sunday, January 12, 2014 from 1 - 3 pm in the Minor Funeral and Cremation Center in Milton with Fr. Feltz offering prayers at 2:45 pm.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : January 08, 2014, 08:25:07 PM »

James was a very familiar face at the Country Pantry.  I kept thinking I knew him from somewhere, so one day I asked him if he worked at IBM and he said "No", but I was not aware of where he worked.  I was thinking when I saw his obituary, I remember seeing that man sitting at the bar alone eating his lunch or dinner, but never really knew who he was.

Henry Raymond
khort
: 149

« #2 : January 09, 2014, 08:46:03 AM »

A very nice man that I remember from my days at the Country Pantry as a server. He was always smiling & joking with us. My condolenses to his family & friends.
ohhman
: 469

« #3 : January 09, 2014, 01:09:32 PM »

I remember how he would sit with Dale's parents at the Pantry years ago, he said once how he missed them; would see him at church; he was always a quiet person, always said hi; sympathies to his family.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: