Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 01:58:23 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Fairfax Budget & Fireworks
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Fairfax Budget & Fireworks  ( 14244 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #15 : July 09, 2011, 09:33:59 AM »

Thank you for all the replies. Please keep them coming.

Please remember, this question is put forth by only one member of the Selectboard.
The Fairfax Selectboard has had no discussion regarding this.

Thanks to Henry for providing a site where citizens can give feedback.

I hope everyone has a great weekend !

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
David Shea
: 471

« #16 : July 09, 2011, 09:36:00 PM »

Has anyone spoken with Dave Y?  I am quite sure that he sold the tubes that were used to fire off the fireworks.  I also think that Linda Corey sold the truck that she and Jeff bought to store the fireworks  equipment. 

Since both of these local families spent personal money and resources to help the fireworks happen, are we even sure that $8000.00 is enough money?
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #17 : July 14, 2011, 01:38:46 PM »

To be honest, what I miss most in the summer is the parade and fireman's lawn party that used to be every year as a kid.  It was a great community event and benefited the Fireman.  They had some games for the kids to play, chicken BBQ, bingo with items donated from local businesses, raffles, bake sale. Does anyone else miss our parades?

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
kevin
: 64

« #18 : July 14, 2011, 07:08:40 PM »

A parade in town would be great.  So would a community gathering on the 4th.  All the better if it benefits the fire department or rescue squad.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
-Winston Churchill
mkr
Administrator

« #19 : July 15, 2011, 09:15:15 AM »

Exactly Kevin!  It was a win win for everyone! 

trussell
: 870

« #20 : July 15, 2011, 10:20:02 AM »

Sometime after the Egg Run (August 6), the Parks & Rec Department will be working on next year's activities.  We have discussed moving the Fairfax Community Day to July and to roll it into an Independence Day celebration.  We would love input on what the community would like to see, and just as importantly we would love volunteers that can help make it happen.  More details to follow in the near future.  Thanks for the support everyone!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
mkr
Administrator

« #21 : July 15, 2011, 10:40:50 AM »

I would love to help bring back the parade and BBQ/games, etc... count me in Trevor!

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: