Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 07:58:17 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Playoffs
« previous next »
: [1]
: Playoffs  ( 6216 )
roadkill
: 80

« : March 01, 2010, 08:37:42 PM »

The BFA Boys Basketball team is headed back to Barre. They will play in the Semi-Finals Thursday night at 8:15 pm against Hazen. The 4 teams that made the Final 4 are all form the Mountain Division. #1 Lake Region versus # 4 Winooski and #2 Hazen versus the #3 Bullets. Who says Southern Basketball is better than us?  Bfa has had a great run this school year and last and continue to put are tiny town on the map. The Thetford Athletic Director told me last night that we have a great facility and fans.
    In the Fall, our girls made it to the Semis in soccer, our Boys shocked people with their youthfull squad, our Football team made the playoffs and came within inches of playing in the State Championship game. The pig flu put a halt to both our Girls and Boys from running away with the Cross Country Champuionship.
    I predict the Boys will beat Hazen by 2, and make back to back appearances in the Championship game. ( Also done in 1965 and 1966 )  (Look at these 2 trophys in the Trophy case, You will recognize some familiar names) Mr. Richard Brown was the Coach of both Teams. Sorry Mr. Brown, I still cant't  call you Dick. Weve never won a State Championship in Boys Basketball.
    Last but not least i see our Girls and Boys Nordic skiing team running away with a State Championship for each.
    I cant forget the Cheerleaders, they had to move up to Division 1 with Rice, Essex etc.... because there too good for d-2. I see us very challenged to ever see us winning a Cheerleader State Title in this Division.  It is possible.
     Softball and Baseball will be starting soon. I prdict another Titlse shot for the Girls in Softball and the Baseball team to be right there in the end to play their best ball and pull off the ultimate upset.
     Our Sports Teams (and band, and chorus, and drama) are doing a great deal of free advertising for our little Town. Thanx to all the Coaches, Support staff (They work their arses off to make it all happen) but mostly Thank you "The Fan, The Community and everyone else for supporting the extra-curricular activities at school  We've got a great thing going here.

Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : March 02, 2010, 06:38:29 AM »

Thanks for posting this!  We have wonderful students who work very hard at their various sports. All involved are to be commended: student athletes; coaches, parents.
You are so right.  Our teams provide a great and positive image for our school and community.
Dick Brown
: 414

« #2 : March 02, 2010, 11:58:11 AM »

Good luck to the Boys Basketball team when they play Hazen Thursday night . I hear that they have great hustle and " grit " as did our teams in the mid-60's , a characteristic typical of most BFA/Fairfax teams since the late 50's, back when the Collins Boys were dominating their sports. One thing that our teams in '65 & '66 accomplished was that their record of 20-5 & 16-4 in successive years     ( which included tournament wins & losses ) never included a second loss in those seasons to any team . The opponent might have beaten us the first time around, but the boys were determined that another loss wouldn't happen again to that team and I've always said that if we had played Poultney ('65 ) and Proctor ('66 ) again, I would have liked our chances !!! No matter how Hazen played in previous games against BFA, it all goes out the window when they meet again on Thursday.
I'm not sure who Roadkill is, but I like his sense of humor in his postings. It might be the same person who asked for a receipt when he paid for a broken window back in the 80's ( a copy of which I saved in my collection of documents from that era  because I was so impressed with his honesty ) .  At any rate, let's hope the Bullets bring the Barre Auditorium crowd to it's feet chanting, BFA,BFA !
YouAnnMos
: 30

« #3 : March 02, 2010, 01:49:16 PM »

Does anyone know if there will be a fan bus on Thursday?

Edited at 2:28 PM
Just came across this:

If you are interested in purchasing tickets for the game they will be available in the guidance office on Tuesday (March 2nd) from 9:00-3:00 and during the school day on Wednesday and Thursday.

If there is enough interest in a fan bus we will send one.  It is currently scheduled to leave the High School at 6:30.  If you are interested you must sign up ahead of time when you purchase tickets.  The bus will operate with a suggestion of a 3 dollar per person donation.

« : March 02, 2010, 02:29:07 PM YouAnnMos »
cu_soon_pam
: 21

« #4 : March 02, 2010, 03:19:19 PM »

Congratulations and Good Luck to the Boys basketball team.  Mr. Brown, I don't know about any broken windows back in the 80's, maybe I can enlighten you on "roadkill".  I remember the last week of school in '77 my siblings visited the school prior to enrollment in the fall.  You sent "roadkill" home early for causing a disturbance of some sort in the lunch room.  I'm sure glad you didn't hold that 1st impression against the "5" of us that followed .  Always good to hear from you Mr. Brown.  God Bless
roadkill

« #5 : March 02, 2010, 05:04:03 PM »

You've gpt it all wrong Dude. It was in Mrs. Furmans math class and Mr. Brown didnt have all the facts. I hope the Boys repeat what you did in 65 and 66 though Mr. Brown. Im over the window, It took many years of therapy to do so, How could you actually charge me for it?
Dick Brown
: 414

« #6 : March 05, 2010, 08:20:47 AM »

I was disappointed , as were all the Fairfax fans and players I'm sure, when I read in the on-line Free Press that Hazen had won last night. However, for two and a half quarters, they played that team even, which is a good job, I think. I also liked the coach's comments in the Free Press.
Fairfax continues to have a reason to be proud of it's kids, the school and the people who work with the kids, not just the coaches.
I'm always proud to tell folks down here in Florida that Fairfax was my town . Here's hoping that this is another good day for the Fairfax crowd.
Suzy
: 429

« #7 : March 05, 2010, 08:40:23 AM »

BFA has a lot to be proud of! 

(PS.  Roadkill was framed!) 
;D
Thank goodness we all survived our youth!  (My chosen method of learning:  trial and error and error and error)
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #8 : March 05, 2010, 08:47:15 AM »

Quote From This Morning's Burlington Free Press:

“(I’m) obviously proud of my guys and the way they played defense through about 2˝ quarters,” BFA-Fairfax coach Glen Button said. “Holding Hazen to 18 points in the first half was a great effort by us, we just missed some shots early and I thought that was the difference for us.”

Jeremy Lawrence paced the Bullets with 13 points and Josh Woodward added 10.

Henry Raymond
roadkill

« #9 : March 05, 2010, 03:05:31 PM »

Thanx Suzy, Trial and error and error and error and error.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: