Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:59:06 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Firey Crash Closes Interstate 89 Between Exits 7 & 9 Southbound
« previous next »
: [1]
: Firey Crash Closes Interstate 89 Between Exits 7 & 9 Southbound  ( 10599 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 25, 2010, 08:23:28 AM »

Interstate 89 southbound is closed between exits 9 and 7 due to a tractor trailer crash and fire. The northbound area was closed for several hours this morning but reopened around 6:45 a.m.

Vermont State Police say three vehicles including the tractor trailer are involved in the fiery crash and there are injuries. No word on the severity of the injuries or how many people are involved.

That area of the Interstate will be closed for most of the day while crews clean up the scene and investigators work to determine the cause of the crash. Drivers are advised to seek alternate routes around the area. Vermont State Police urge drivers to use caution during this morning's commute.

Channel 3 will update this story as more information becomes available, just click on the link below

Henry Raymond
Dick Brown
: 414

« #1 : January 25, 2010, 11:42:40 AM »

Henry   The pictures on your website and also the one posted on the BFP website certainly give validity to the signs across the nation's highways,  "Bridges Freeze Before Roadways " . Certainly the spot where the vehicles ended up is at the beginning of the road's climb to Exit 7, but one can imagine the terror each driver felt in the early morning as their vehicles slid across that high bridge on # 89.
Hard rain, snowy conditions, sleet and hail are all reminders that as drivers we need to take precautions. Still, nothing scares me like icy roads and as a school administrator years ago, no condition made me call school off any quicker. The road crew in Fairfax always did a terrific job of keeping roads open for school opening and closing, but as we know, they are almost powerless when it comes to dealing with " black ice ". So it must have been this morning , at 3am , when probably neither the drivers or the state highway crews in that area were aware of the change in road conditions.  My prayers go out to the victims' families for their loss.
YouAnnMos
: 30

« #2 : January 25, 2010, 02:15:09 PM »

Mr. Brown,
Thank you for a well worded and thoughtful append. 

I will remember both the victims and their families in my prayers also.
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : January 25, 2010, 05:18:20 PM »

The driver of the second milk tanker, 43-year-old Christopher Trivento of Fairfield, and a passenger in the car, 62-year-old Linda Hall of Waterbury were killed. Her husband, 66-year-old John Hall was treated at the hospital and released.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #4 : January 25, 2010, 05:47:42 PM »

Henry,

I was in the capitol today.  Here is a picture I shot out the window of the
truck crash.

Dave Shea

Henry Raymond
mirjo
: 785

« #5 : January 25, 2010, 10:01:58 PM »

I went to school at Georgia Elementary with a Christopher Trivento, I think it must be the same person. There aren't a lot of Triventos around. The whole situation is sad.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
SLBushway
: 1

« #6 : January 30, 2010, 11:10:17 PM »

I went to school at Georgia Elementary with a Christopher Trivento, I think it must be the same person. There aren't a lot of Triventos around. The whole situation is sad.

Hello,

My name is Shawn Bushway, I too went to Georgia Elementary and in fact graduated with Chris in 1981. Sadly, this is the same Chris Trivento that passed away in the tragic accident that took place on 1/25/2010. If you were close to Chris and would like to leave a message to his family you may do so here http://www.legacy.com/gb2/default.aspx?bookID=10763327033831. The Trivento family is doing as well as can be expected under the circumstances and appreciate the thoughts and prayers they've received.

Take care,
Shawn
Mummy
: 280

« #7 : February 01, 2010, 09:23:36 AM »

This is a very sad story.
mirjo
: 785

« #8 : February 01, 2010, 11:47:39 AM »

Thanks for the info Shawn, I went to legacy.com and posted my condolences. I haven't seen Chris in many years, like many of my Elm School Buds, but those are relationships that were forged over many years together and not ones that I have or ever will forget. I remember Chris well, I remember him having that exact same smile. I felt so bad for his family to lose such a vibrant part of their life at 43 when there is so much more left. I also felt pretty sad about losing another classmate. It really sucks. I can't emphasize that strongly enough.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: