Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:16:21 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Quite The Storm Last Night about 6:15 p.m.
« previous next »
: [1]
: Quite The Storm Last Night about 6:15 p.m.  ( 3047 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 22, 2011, 07:05:18 AM »

We didn't lose our power here on The Fletcher Road, but as I was getting ready to go down to the FHS Meeting, the rain came down in buckets accompanied by thunder & lightning.  I waited until it let up a bit before I left.  There was a tree down at 80 Fletcher Road, but other than that I saw no other damage from the storm.  I did see some photos of quarter size hail on facebook that fell somewhere in the area.

I did notice a large group of what looked like hikers yesterday afternoon up at Fred Griffin's place.  Lots & lots of cars lined up on the side of the road.  If they were hikers, hopefully they were returning and not taking off before that heavy rainstorm.

Henry Raymond
David Shea
: 471

« #1 : August 22, 2011, 07:25:09 AM »

We had 1/2 of an inch of rain in that storm.
janet
: 51

« #2 : August 22, 2011, 08:02:47 AM »

That group you saw at Fred's house were the BFA cross country team getting ready to leave for their annual camping trip to Underhill State Park. It is part of their preparation for the up coming cross country season.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : August 22, 2011, 08:14:35 AM »

Thanks Janet - They must have gotten caught in the Heavy Rain Storm, unless they were in cars on their way there.

Henry Raymond
janet
: 51

« #4 : August 22, 2011, 09:45:44 AM »

The meeting you saw on Sat. was an information meeting for kids and parents.  They all left on Sunday afternoon in a school bus and I would think they got there just before the storm last night.  They all have a lean to to sleep in so hopefully they were able to keep somewhat dry.  The weather looks ok for the next few days, they come home on Wed.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: