Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:37:44 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  What The Heck Is This?
« previous next »
: [1]
: What The Heck Is This?  ( 3320 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 10, 2010, 07:45:15 AM »

When I got up and was standing at the kitchen sink, I saw some white stuff on the lawn and figured must be Bob & Kelly have been spreading lime already this morning.  It just didn't look like lime, so got my umbrella and went out and took a check - Its not lime, its snow and ice.  And that wind is cold.

As I am typing this, I am seeing cars coming down from Fletcher with snow on them - I just checked my thermometer and I have 36 degrees, plus there is a good wind out there.

Henry Raymond
Dick Brown
: 414

« #1 : April 10, 2010, 08:02:53 AM »

Henry   Since this is the first day of trout fishing, one would expect it to be snowing, and, in addition, the wind will ensure that any fisherman alongside the stream will not only slip on the rocks but will have to clear the ice from his line. In spite of the weather, I'm sure that there are those hardy sportsman who are out trying their luck......I know I used to....and I still miss it.  ( No snow in Dade City this am though. )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : April 10, 2010, 08:20:44 AM »

Strange you should mention that Dick as Fred Holmes just sent me a photo taken at the bridge that is being replaced in the center of town.  Check it out here in Current Events.

Henry Raymond
trussell
: 870

« #3 : April 10, 2010, 09:40:17 AM »

Henry... I think it's snowing because you put your electric snow shovel away.  Thanks a lot! :)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #4 : April 11, 2010, 04:34:22 AM »

Paging AL GORE, AL GORE..??

Your party is waiting for you to shovel the driveway, AL GORE?
: [1]  
« previous next »
: