Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:30:30 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Academic All-Stars: BFA Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: Academic All-Stars: BFA Fairfax  ( 2535 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 28, 2016, 07:52:07 AM »

Sophie Meadow Lee
School: Bellows Free
Academy Fairfax
Parents: Amy and Shannon Lee
Hometown: Fairfax Top 5 accomplishments: Receiving the Green and Gold scholarship to the University of Vermont; having the opportunity to travel to Puerto Rico and San Francisco through school as a means of broadening my horizons in the field of science; first place in a Champlain Valley Fair cooking competition; presenting original water quality research at the American Geophysical Union fall meetings in 2014 and 2015, best poster award at the 2015 Vermont EPSCoR symposium and presenting an oral presentation for the 2016 symposium.
In the community: A member of the National Honors Society, two year member of Vermont’s EPSCoR science program, trained peer support student, blood donor, friendly neighborhood cashier at a local grocery store.
Favorite spare time activity: Cooking, but never the cleaning.
After graduation: I am very intrigued by UVM for my undergrad, but also looking into Brandeis in Massachusetts, and Brown in Rhode Island.
Career plans: I’m looking to pursue secondary education in either science or English and to be able to teach at a high school and eventually college level.
Your bedroom in one word: Optimized.
Dead person to meet:
Sylvia Plath. She was a brilliant mind and intriguing poet and writer.
Overrated/Underrated: Overrated: Listening to everyone else’s advice and never following your own gut. Underrated: Putting cinnamon in coffee.
Three ‘luxuries’ on a desert island: An iPod, a good book, peppermint gum.
Personal motto: “We know what we are, but know not what we may be.” Ophelia, in “Hamlet” by William Shakespeare.

Alexandre Hamel
Parents: Nathalie and Pierre Hamel
Hometown: Fairfax Top 5 accomplishments: Maintaining high grades throughout high school, making varsity on the school’s cross-country skiing team, earning college credit on all 3 AP classes I took last year, being voted Student Council president last year, attaining Canadian citizenship
In the community: National Honor Society (School’s Community Service Group), volunteering each year for the town’s Haunted House, Boy Scouts (Currently working on my Eagle Project), jumping on any volunteer opportunity given by NHS
Favorite spare time activity: Tabletop gaming with friends
After graduation:
Looking McGill up in Quebec and hoping for a few others
Career plans: I do so much I can’t decide, but engineering of some kind is at the top
Your bedroom in one word: Nerdy Dead person to meet:
Theodore Roosevelt because besides being one of our best presidents he was also one of our craziest.
Overrated/Underrated: Sleeping is overrated, it’s just time where you’re busy doing nothing. The smell of new factory sealed products is underrated.
Three ‘luxuries’ on a desert island: “Forrest Gump” and all the needed equipment to watch it, the “Ultimate Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” because maybe I’ll finish it one day, a radio that can access an ‘80s channel
Personal motto:
“Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”— Confucius
« : August 28, 2016, 07:58:41 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: