Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 04:45:45 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Pictures of the Day 5/31/09 and Blog- Wasted Weekend
« previous next »
: [1]
: Pictures of the Day 5/31/09 and Blog- Wasted Weekend  ( 2469 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : May 31, 2009, 11:43:52 AM »

Pictures of the Day May 31, 2009

Rain approaching Ohsweken Speedway Friday night

Rain approaching Merrittville Speedway Saturday night

Anthony at Ohsweken in hot laps

#151KB Brian McDonald's car before Heat #1 at Merrittville

McDonald's car after the heat

The pits at Merrittville were off the backstretch, which provided for excellent viewing

WASTED WEEKEND

So, Mike, what did you do this past weekend?

I went sightseeing.
I saw the large bridge that goes from Massena to Cornwall.
I saw Toronto. At night. Twice.
I saw Lake Ontario. It looks like an ocean.
I saw Ohsweken Speedway. And Merrittville Speedway.
I saw storm clouds.
I saw beautiful day turn to crap and rain during the evening.
Over 1000 miles round trip for two sessions of hot laps and 1 heat race.
This is totally not fair.

I must say, that both tracks look like fun to race at, and it's too bad we didn't get the shows in.
A lousy day could have been worse Saturday. Anthony was running out back in his heat when he looped in turn 4, bringing out a caution. Back under green, he was trying to move up, and tangled with #52L Daniel Lampron in turn 3 & 4. Anthony bounced and spun, and did a slow flop into his side. No real damage to the car, just a broken shock pin and a bent wing.
Unlike the first heat race when 3 cars took a tumble.
Oh sewken is rescheduled for Thursday September 17, the same weekend as the Canadian Sprint Car Nationals held there. Merrittville is rescheduled for June 20th. This is the night after a race at Ransomville Speedway in New York. Merrittville is on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. Ransomville is on the American side. Tracks are about a half hour away from each other.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: