Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:51:18 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Readers Rock!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Readers Rock!  ( 4954 )
Fairfax Librarian
: 870

« : August 21, 2014, 03:19:12 PM »

Wow Fairfax readers!

256 kids and teens signed up for the Library's Summer Reading Program, and look what they did:

Teens logged 30,600 pages (no, that is not a typo)
Kids ages 6-12 logged 2,480 books
Kids ages 0-6 logged 1,257 books
135 people attended the magic show and finale today.

Fairfax Rocks!
Counselor
: 55

« #1 : August 21, 2014, 06:41:23 PM »

That is awesome!  Thanks for another great year/ summer of reading in the Library.  Our daughter LOVES going to the Library every saturday to pick new books!

Cheers!
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #2 : August 22, 2014, 07:47:21 AM »

Perhaps I am a bit biased, but we have a fine library that provides our community with many different services, most important being, perhaps, instilling a love of books and reading in our children!  My mum, who read to all of us as soon as she could prop us up on a chair, would have been thrilled at the amazing reading done by our kids!
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : August 26, 2014, 06:27:52 AM »

Each year the Fairfax Community Library gives away two awesome bicycles as the grand prizes in the Summer Reading Program.  Here are photos of the two lucky winners this year!

We thank the BFA-Fairfax Trustees for their financial support this year, (FYI, the BFA-Trustees are not the same group as the school board) as well as Earl's Cyclery which gives us a discount on the bikes.

We applaud all the children and teens who read this summer!

Debbie Landauer, Public Library Director

Fairfax Community Library
75 Hunt St.
Fairfax, VT 05454
(802) 849-2420

« : August 26, 2014, 06:31:20 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Counselor
: 55

« #4 : August 26, 2014, 06:15:05 PM »

Perhaps I am a bit biased, but we have a fine library that provides our community with many different services, most important being, perhaps, instilling a love of books and reading in our children!  My mum, who read to all of us as soon as she could prop us up on a chair, would have been thrilled at the amazing reading done by our kids!

We need to be proud and biased :) of our library and kids.  In a day and age where so many have their heads in video games, too few seem to be drawn to the imaginative, creative, fun world of books. I know that comparatively speaking only a small number of school aged kids participated, but having the resource in the community library to get, house, organize, support etc all our readers is amazing. I LOVE watching my daughter make up stories and I love being biased and bragging about our community library. Though maybe small in stature, it is quite large in the community it serves, especially when so many other community libraries are closed more than open and much smaller.  I think we have a library, staff and community support that even Ben Franklin would be proud of.

(BTW - he was the founder of the first public library.)
Fairfax Librarian
: 870

« #5 : August 28, 2014, 04:03:35 PM »

Thank you, "Counselor"!  We (the library) are proud to serve you.
johnmitchell
: 62

« #6 : August 30, 2014, 06:23:41 AM »

As the treasurer for the Trustees, I will say we are happy to support the efforts of the library staff.  It is our mission to support activities relating to the youth of our community.   Good job!  John Mitchell
: [1]  
« previous next »
: