Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 04:33:11 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The Man From Monkton
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Man From Monkton  ( 3646 )
nancyd
: 304

« : December 16, 2011, 01:37:34 AM »

It was when we were new to Vermont,  about 6 years ago that  we had the need to bring our beloved kitty to the Emergency Department. He was very sick and my husband and I were visibly upset. There was a man in the waiting room with his dog. He just sat and silently watched us as we waited for the Vet to finish his exam. I remember it was late at night, dark, and lonely.  They decided to keep our kitty to see what they could do to save his life. The receptionist said the bill was 600.00. We didn't have the cash so we handed her our credit card. The man from Monkton walked up to the desk and insisted on paying our bill. We tried to tell him with our thanks that oh no he shouldn't do that. He wouldn't hear of it. He paid the bill without any hesitation.

I think of him, and I pray he has a blessed holiday. This Man from Monkton is an angel we will never forget. Our kitty crossed the Rainbow Bridge soon after that, and I'm sure he thanks him too. Merry Christmas to the man from Monkton.
Nancyd
« : December 16, 2011, 07:05:47 PM nancyd »
slpott
: 457

« #1 : December 16, 2011, 08:11:20 AM »

He did exactly what we all should do if we can. Those are the wonderful things in life that we never forget. He did the right thing and I am sure his heart is big. I have always been a person that believes we need to pay if forward. Merry Christmas to the man in Monkton.
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #2 : December 16, 2011, 08:21:42 AM »

Wonderful story...the man from Monkton calls to mind the people who are anonymously paying off layaways for people at Kmarts around the country.....Christmas spirit prevails!
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : December 16, 2011, 09:09:12 AM »

Rev. Elizabeth, I can just imagine how you felt.  I mentioned earlier in another post how one of our local businessmen performed a service and refused to take anything for it and that touched me greatly.  In another situation, just the other day, I went to get my haircut and thought, I should probably give the barber an extra tip since it is Christmas, but the barber that cut my hair gave me back change that was much less than the usual charge for the haircut and said "Merry Christmas."

There are a lot of very good people out there.

Henry Raymond
al brodeur
: 216

« #4 : December 16, 2011, 11:53:29 AM »

that is the true sign of charity--its done anomalously and with out publicity
and fanfare which is theway it should be
: [1]  
« previous next »
: