Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 12:48:26 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Photos Of Structure Fire That Leaves Fairfax Family Homeless
« previous next »
: [1]
: Photos Of Structure Fire That Leaves Fairfax Family Homeless  ( 4875 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 10, 2007, 11:11:13 AM »

Hi All,

Went up to the location of the structure fire that occurred here in Fairfax last night. 

Below are some photos of the house which was still smoldering at 10 a.m. the next morning:

The house is obviously a total loss and it looks like there had been a pickup truck in the garage

And as you can see there only appears to be a front wall left standing at the left of the house as it continues to smolder

The fire department apparently got its water from a nearby location.  I took a photo of it because I actual marvel at their ability to know where water is in different parts of town.  There must be close to a foot of snow here, yet they cut a hole in the ice and were able to get water here.  The fire occurred on a Private Road, and was very well sanded though and I believe Fairfax Town Trucks were called to the scene to do this.

I have an idea who the name is, but since I did not actually see anyone at the scene of the fire, will wait until I hear it officially or see it in the newspaper.
[/b]
« : February 17, 2007, 07:36:53 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
David Shea
: 471

« #1 : February 10, 2007, 06:21:51 PM »

It looks like the family lost everything in the fire?  Does anyone know if the family is in need of any items?  Clothing, blankets, personal items?  I am sure we all have a few extra things around we could spare.
« : February 17, 2007, 07:37:41 AM Henry »
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : February 11, 2007, 07:21:47 AM »

Channel 3 News reported last night:

"A Fairfax family is homeless after fire destroyed their home ..... It happened last night. Firefighters say by the time they arrived -- the two story home was already engulfed in flames -- and too far gone to be saved. No one was hurt -- and the cause of the blaze is still under investigation."

There was a brief video of the house fully engulfed
« : February 17, 2007, 07:38:30 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : February 12, 2007, 04:39:00 PM »

Fairfax fire levels home as reported in Monday Afternoon's Edition Of The St. Albans Messenger:

Four departments provide assistance
By LEON THOMPSON
Messenger Staff Writer

Fairfax – Fireman from three departments withstood subzero temperature here Friday night as they battled a blaze that destroyed a single-family home.

Fire departments from Fairfax, St. Albans Town and Georgia responded to the White Pine Road fire at about 8 p.m.  Westford firemen covered the Fairfax station.

This morning Fairfax Fire Chief Dean Potter did not have the names the couple and their college-age daughter who escaped unharmed from their burning house.

The fire started in the garage, Potter said, though the cause of the fire has not been determined, it was not suspicious.

“This house was fully involved when we got there,” Potter said.  “There was fire coming out of the roof and just about every window in the house.”

When firemen arrived, the garage had already collapsed.  They left the scene at about 2 a.m. Saturday morning.  The family stayed with neighbors.

“I don’t think we ever had it under control,” the chief said.  “The whole house burned right to the ground.”

The rub for firemen?  Frigid air.  Temperatures dipped to 12 to 16 degrees below zero.  Firefighters stayed warm by going in and out of the truck cabs.

“We also shivered to stay warm,” Potter said.

The American Red Cross’ Northern Vermont chapter also responded to the scene during what made for a busy weekend for them.

The Red Cross also responded to fires in Concord on Friday night and Wheelock on Saturday.
« : February 17, 2007, 07:39:09 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: