Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 08:02:57 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Wait A Minute, The Weather Will Change, New Weather Advisory
« previous next »
: [1]
: Wait A Minute, The Weather Will Change, New Weather Advisory  ( 1845 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 23, 2008, 09:33:02 AM »

Temperature here on the Fletcher Road dropped to -13.5 degrees last night.  Its bright and sunny this morning, but still below zero.  Our family is all coming home for Christmas, so hopefully they won't encounter Icy Roads as the latest weather advisory says:

Winter weather advisory in effect from midnight tonight to 4 pm est Wednesday.

The NWS in burlington has issued a winter weather advisory for mixed wintry precipitation for all of northern New York, as well as the entire champlain valley and adjacent western slopes of the green mountains, which is in effect from midnight tonight to 4 pm est Wednesday.

Up to 2 to 3 inches of snow is possible late tonight into wednesday morning before precipitation mixes with sleet and isolated pockets of freezing rain.

Light snow will begin to fall around midnight tonight accumulating several inches by 8 am Wednesday morning. Warmer air aloft will change precipitation over to a snow, sleet mix with pockets of freezing rain possible. Temperatures will begin to go above freezing in most areas by the afternoon, changing most precipitation over to all rain.

A winter weather advisory means that periods of snow, sleet, or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: