Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 26, 2024, 09:02:57 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Who Is Running For What On Town Meeting Day??
« previous next »
: [1]
: Who Is Running For What On Town Meeting Day??  ( 2877 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 20, 2010, 10:00:49 AM »

Deborah Woodward - 3 Year Term Town Clerk - Unopposed

Deborah Woodward - 3 Year Term Town Treasurer - Unopposed

John Schraven - 1 Year Term Town Moderator - Unopposed

Peter King - 2 Year Term Selectperson - Unopposed
(Anybody know who is not running that Peter is replacing)

Randy L. Devine - 3 Year Term Selectperson - Unopposed

Patricia McNall - 3 Year Term Lister - Unopposed

No Candidate - 1 Year Term Lister

No Candidate - 1 Year Term Town Juror

No Candidate - 1 Year Term Town Agent

Patricia McNall - 5 Year Term Library Trustee - Unopposed

Alfred V. Daniels - 5 Year Term Cemetery Commissioner - Unopposed

John Schraven - 1 Year Term School District Moderator

Robin Freeman - 3 Year Term BFA School Director - Unopposed

Lea Wimette - 2 Year Term BFA School director - Unopposed

John I. Mitchell - 5 Year Term BFA Trustee  - Unopposed

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : February 20, 2010, 10:10:09 AM »

Charlie Swanson is not seeking re-election to the select board.
Charlie, thanks for your service.
Peter, thanks for stepping up.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : February 22, 2010, 08:50:46 PM »

Someone asked me what the Town Grand Juror does - I know last year the position was vacant - All I could find on the Internet was:

4) The term of the grand juror shall not exceed three (3) years. He/she shall be responsible for the prosecution of violations of local ordinances. The salary of the grand juror shall be fixed by the board of selectmen and he/she shall be responsible to the board in the performance of his/her duties. The grand juror shall be duty bound to work in cooperation with the town manager and administrative service. The grand juror may recommend to the board of selectmen the appointment of staff who shall be part of the administrative service.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : February 23, 2010, 09:50:32 AM »

Checking with some of the old timers, I was able to get the following information on The Town Grand Juror:

The Grand Juror is suppose to represent the residents of the town in any case that goes to court and can enforce ordinances along with the Selectboard..

I believe there are other duties they can do such as collect delinquent dog taxes.  The Town tried to get one of the Grand Jurors to do this and he vehemently declined and offered to resign the position if we pursued the issue. I'm not aware of any case where the Grand Juror went to court but Art Webb might be able to recall something. He usually comes to Town Meeting and I will try to catch him and ask him.  I think possibly some tax appeals might have gone to court and the town agent got involved. The process of tax appeals was different than the present process.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: