Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 07:00:49 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax not doing 4th of July & will not allow permits to residents!
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Fairfax not doing 4th of July & will not allow permits to residents!  ( 8735 )
edakrupp

« #15 : June 30, 2009, 01:28:51 PM »

I believe that fire work permits work like fire permits. a tool to inform the fire marshal where the fires are. All a fire work permit would do is notify the fire marshall. By not issuing a permit, it simply means that if the fire work causes damage to your or neighboring properties, you will be liable for the damage.
dearon
: 233

« #16 : June 30, 2009, 02:47:30 PM »

Same Ole, same Ole .  Always the same negative people beating down the new comer.  Cat's questions and responses were far from a rant.  I believe she is owned an apology.   I put allot of work and money into last years fireworks along with the business association only to have negative comments posted on Henry's website. I will not host or contribute to this again until it is through our taxes.  If all people don't pay good luck, it take community spirit to make this happen and I haven't seen any in a along time.
Cat,
Burlington is having an awesome fireworks on the 3rd best in the area  I'd go there and welcome to the community there are nice people here you just have to look
edakrupp

« #17 : July 01, 2009, 06:35:04 AM »

It hurts. Community is something that we all want in our town, but too few people know how to build it. It takes time and extra effort, and strong leadership. I have seem leadership qualities in a few people here in town, but it seems to me that there are rifts, of cliques that are very comfortable and serve the perpose of small communities for those involved. It does not however build community for the rest of the town. We need to welcome the new comers, greet our neighbors and open our doors to everyone to build community, not just the select few. As to fire works, they are just one small part of a social and cultural event that could benefit our town spirit and pride. Seniors pay for schools, and other things that they may not receive services from, fireworks could be a great catalyst to revive and spark community in my opinion, a very APATHETIC town.
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: