Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 06:44:36 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Truck/Deer Accident On Route 104A
« previous next »
: [1]
: Truck/Deer Accident On Route 104A  ( 4163 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 21, 2013, 08:28:09 PM »

GEORGIA, Vt. -
Four people in a pickup truck somehow avoided major injuries when a deer crashed through their windshield.

It happened Wednesday afternoon on Route 104A in Georgia. Police say the deer jumped into the road and was struck by a van. The animal flew into the air and crashed into the truck, coming from the other direction.

The deer wound up in the back seat of the extended cab truck.

"They're pretty fortunate it appears that, you know, they're probably not seriously hurt," Georgia Fire Chief Keith Baker said.

Police say the two adults and two children were taken to the hospital, but they're injuries appear non-life threatening.

For photos of this accident, click on the following link:

Henry Raymond
wwiihistory
: 56

« #1 : August 21, 2013, 08:52:20 PM »

My wife was driving the van & was ok. She was pretty upset for the people in the pickup but glad no serious injuries. We were both thankful our 2yo twins were at home with me. It could have been the other way around...
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : August 22, 2013, 08:00:36 AM »

I am glad everyone is okay minus the deer. 

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Razzle Dazzle

« #3 : August 22, 2013, 09:57:48 AM »

That certainly could have turned out much worse.
Good to hear everyone will be alright.
Trekr
: 140

« #4 : August 22, 2013, 03:53:59 PM »

Deer and windshield stories often turn out bad. Not as bad as Moose and windshield accidents though. Glad it was not worse
: [1]  
« previous next »
: