Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:01:26 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Winds Starting About 4 A.M. Tomorrow Morning
« previous next »
: [1]
: Winds Starting About 4 A.M. Tomorrow Morning  ( 1819 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 13, 2009, 06:52:32 PM »

The National Weather Service has issued a wind advisory for much of Vermont for Thursday for expected wind gusts to 55 mph.

South winds will pick up overnight, and really blast over Vermont during a good chunk of the day tomorrow. The Champlain Valley, especially in Grand Isle and western Franklin counties, and the high elevations are most prone to the strong gusts.

The wind could cause more problems than a similar storm during the winter. The ground is really wet from recent rains, so it would be a little easier to uproot trees from the mud.

An even bigger factor is the season. Unlike in winter, there's leaves on the trees. Each leaf acts like a little sail in the wind, helping the gusts tug on trees until the lean and break.

Look for scattered power failures tomorrow. It would also be a very good idea to bring trash cans, recycling bins and lawn and deck furniture indoors before the storm because otherwise, they might blow around in the wind.

It'll rain tomorrow, too, and maybe even thunder, but I don't expect anything extreme like the severe thunderstorms and tornado on Saturday.

Things should die down tomorrow night. Friday looks gorgeous but more rain will probably come in on Saturday.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: