Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:05:07 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Wind Chill Factor Of -14 Below Zero In Burlington
« previous next »
: [1]
: Wind Chill Factor Of -14 Below Zero In Burlington  ( 2745 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 03, 2012, 05:55:42 AM »

Haven't been outside yet and I believe I will just read what I can of the Free Press on line and listen to the news on Television instead of venturing out at this time of the morning, although I will need to go out a little later.  Sharon Meyer says the temperature is 14 above zero this morning in Burlington and the Wind Chill Factor is -14 Below Zero and the temperatures will continue to dip throughout the day.  I have a few friends that usually leave Fairfax and head South the week after New Years, so most likely they are looking forward to their trip South.

Today we have our Senior Luncheon, although not sure just how many we will have attend with this type of weather.  We have to expect this type of weather, because after all it is January.  Gotta admit though, very happy I am retired and don't really have to go out for anything.

Have a great day and stay warm!!

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : January 03, 2012, 11:08:35 AM »

I was going to walk up and get the mail today, but thought better of it. I will get it tomorrow.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
trussell
: 870

« #2 : January 04, 2012, 01:05:06 AM »

14 below? I believe it.  I was out changing the battery in the car this evening.. Sigh.  Oh well, at least its done!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : January 04, 2012, 11:40:01 AM »

I am putting a new battery in my truck as well.  I haven't had it die yet THIS winter, but it is 8 years old and I am really pushing my luck!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: