Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 02:33:49 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  CFC September Meeting Notes
« previous next »
: [1]
: CFC September Meeting Notes  ( 1875 )
ASDuling
: 75

« : September 27, 2012, 06:49:54 PM »

Hello All,

Below are some highlights from the September CFC meeting.  If you would like a copy of the complete minutes, please contact Amanda at asduling@gmail.com.

Pre-meeting Consultation with Ann Cousins of the Vermont Preservation Trust

Ann cited three examples of buildings where use was shared between a longstanding organization and a community group: Pierce Hall in Rochester, Saxtons River, Main Street Arts in Saxtons River, and the Historical Society in Cambridge. The usage and organizational relationships of each facility were discussed. Ann suggested a joint Masons/CFC field trip to Rochester to talk with them about their process and outcome.

The meeting was called to order by President Mark Hunziker at 7:24 pm. and the discussion with Ann Cousins continued.

Ann mentioned the Brookfield Old Town Hall which was purchased in 2002 for $95,000 by a community group.  The group immediately started using the building while they made incremental improvements, just now adding bathrooms ten years later.

Annual Meeting: December 4th is the date of the Annual Meeting. Katrina will ask Liz Minor if we may once again hold the meeting at the Inn at Grace Farm. We will create a Nominating Committee next month.

Haunted House: October 26, 27, 31. Katrina is leading a committee.

The next meeting is Tuesday, October 9th at the Fairfax United Church. Please note the new time: 7:30 pm

The meeting adjourned at 8:15 pm.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: