Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 04:54:44 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Museum Broken Into - Pottery & Butter Churn Stolen
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Fairfax Museum Broken Into - Pottery & Butter Churn Stolen  ( 11004 )
roadkill
: 80

« #15 : August 23, 2010, 08:02:41 PM »

I'm really sorry about this Mike, You work so hard and have done so. so. much, What a loss, God Knows. Our Democratic Governmrnt needs to work harder in giving these people more money so they wont steal. or wont have to steal.  Dont give up Mike. I know you wont
mirjo
: 785

« #16 : August 24, 2010, 09:52:01 AM »

I wouldn't count on a bigger story from WCAX Mike. TV news is all about the sound bite. They don't do anything in-depth because the majority of people (so they believe) don't pay attention to such stuff and it's all about ratings. If you notice the teasers during commercial breaks, even the local news media try to draw you in with some sensationalized nugget "Coming up at 11" and if you actually wait until 11 to see what the big deal is, often it's either not such a big deal or  not much info.

Sadly, no one in Chittenden County really cares about the pottery stolen from the Fairfax Historical Society cache, but Vt's 13 OTHER counties are supposed to sit through and care about countless stories on the daily doings of the Mayor of Burlington! I wouldn't want to be the newsroom editor/producer at any of the local stations having to decide what's news on any given day since so many people like to complain & not in a good way, but I think I can safely say that all of Vt., could do with a little less of "All Burlington area all the time." unless of course it's something tragic & people are raped, maimed, or killed. That draws attention.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: