Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:10:25 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Some Impressive Looking Gardens Around
« previous next »
: [1]
: Some Impressive Looking Gardens Around  ( 1623 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 23, 2010, 07:44:35 AM »

For some reason, as I drive along the roads, people's vegetable gardens are apt to catch my eye.  I took the detour up Boissoneault Road the other day and noticed Fred Griffins gardens.  He has one patch with peas that are all in blossom that is absolutely beautiful.  Back in the distance I saw another garden that looked great also.  Fred mulches his garden, so it appears at least that once the garden comes, all he has to do is harvest the crops.  The plants all look extremely healthy, so he must have the right combination of fertilizers also.

I notice that Rob Gates garden is beginning to come along also.  His tomato plants have a nice dark green color to them, again, at least in my mind, just the right combination of fertilizers.

I also sneak a look at Ron Gross's raised garden when I go by - Ron always has a good garden.

My daughter tells me that one of the Woodwards, she doesn't know which one, has a beautiful raised garden over in Huntville.

I always enjoyed late July as there were always so many great fresh vegetables coming at that time - Lots of work, but certainly a rewarding hobby.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: