Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:16:28 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  handyman???
« previous next »
: [1]
: handyman???  ( 4764 )
special ED

« : May 03, 2008, 05:42:12 AM »

not very handy if you hire them make damn sure they have good insurance because if something happens to your property your on your own
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #1 : May 03, 2008, 06:38:04 AM »

Look into who you hire. There is good and bad in every trade and profession. There is honest and dishonest.
 Some of use know what we are doing and will take care of any problem you may have after the fact. I for one take pride in haveing customers either call me back for more work or recommend me to one of there friends.
special ED

« #2 : May 03, 2008, 07:44:09 AM »

how can someone take care if a house or barn burns down or someone dies because of someones inexperience, there may be criminal action taken with the courts but that doesnt help the victim recover monetary damages and normally the person doing the work if no insurance can`t afford it and you can not get blood from a stone
special ED

« #3 : May 03, 2008, 08:19:53 AM »

I agree word of mouth advertising is the best ...but  what about taxes ,if you get eveyone going around and not claiming taxes or paying taxes wether it be state or fed. we all lose the town the state the country .stop and think about it just one person not going to make a big difference but there are alot of people doing this and it`s like stealing from the honest tax payer ,thats how most of these people get their" work under the table"  and stick it to the honest tax payer and contractor
: [1]  
« previous next »
: