Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 10:16:58 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Fire Extinguisher Inspection?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fire Extinguisher Inspection?  ( 5415 )
fletchtb
: 310

« : November 22, 2009, 07:59:05 PM »

My wife is starting a daycare at our home in Fletcher at the end of the month and one of the requirements for state registration is a tagged/inspected 2A 10BC Fire Extinguisher. We bought the fire extinguisher this afternoon from Home Depot, now I just need to know how to get it officially inspected. Can we just bring the fire extinguisher to the fire station or does anyone have any idea how to obtain the necessary annual inspection?

Thanks,
Todd
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #1 : November 23, 2009, 10:39:33 AM »

The extinguisher you have is a "disposable" one.  You will need a "reusable" one.  I am not sure how Vermonts laws read, but you may need an extinguisher that is inspected yearly.  There are a number of companies in the area that provide services (sales, inspection, etc..) I recommend "FireProtec" out of Colchester.  Call them and they maybe able to clear things up for you. 

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : December 03, 2009, 03:12:50 AM »

Fletch,

Check your State Fire Marshall site.

Usually you yourself can become a certified inspector.

I did it for our jobsites so I wouldn't have to pay someone to come and shake, tap, and weigh the bottle.

BUT yes, get one that can get re-filled.

After a few years they need hydro tested too.
fletchtb
: 310

« #3 : December 03, 2009, 11:02:41 AM »

Thanks Brian and Mike for the replies.

The extinguisher I bought from Home Depot is actually a rechargable one and VT Daycare regulations require an annual inspection. I did call FireProtec in Colchester and I was able to bring it in for an inspection. They charge $5 and you can drop by anytime they are open. The whole thing took less than 5 min.

Thanks,
Todd
: [1]  
« previous next »
: