Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 11:44:35 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  12/8/10 The Knee
« previous next »
: [1]
: 12/8/10 The Knee  ( 4994 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : December 07, 2010, 11:48:16 PM »

Wednesday December 8, 2010

The Knee

Can't win for losing..........

Did building coverage for the Christmas Concert Sunday so I took Tuesday off. With the snow, planned to do a lot of shovelling. I cleared the driveweay when I got home Monday night, but of course the wind blew during the night and the driveway was full again Tuesday morning. So I shovelled again so Margie could get to work.
Something happened. My right foot slid, what, 6 inches? My left leg planted itself or something. All I know was my left knee tweaked, and that was it. Pain is on the outside and back of the knee. Spent most of the day on the couch.
I couldn't even hobble out to the corner to get a shot of the covered bridge.
MRI was originally scheduled for Wednesday, so I'm hoping they can find out what's wrong. This sucks. I hate being laid up. Too much to do.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
gkmcnall
: 130

« #1 : December 08, 2010, 10:03:04 AM »

Doesn't sound too good Mike.  If you heard a "pop" it could be even worse.  A lot of swelling certainly is also not a good sign.  You know, I've pretty educated with knee injuries!
al brodeur
: 216

« #2 : December 08, 2010, 03:32:17 PM »

Mike , now you know firsthand getting old is not for woosts, I hope thats its only a minor sprain
MikeF9

« #3 : December 08, 2010, 05:21:29 PM »

It wasn't a pop. Everytime it's been more like a compression, making me think it's another round of a torn miniscus. I had the MRI, and I said to the person after it was all over that although they couldn't tell me anything, they must be able to see that things were not right. They said, "You have issues.", and that there was fluid.
I can walk better today, but have trouble bending it. I didn't go to work.

Terri Santee
: 77

« #4 : December 08, 2010, 05:34:27 PM »

Mike,
   I would be happy to give you a lift to the Post Office tomorrow.If there is anything else I can help you out with let me know.
MikeF9

« #5 : December 09, 2010, 09:07:48 AM »

Thanks, Terri. I am going to try to do a couple of things today and may try to walk to the store.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: