Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 02:33:04 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Gee!! I Wonder If They Will Appeal The Decision
« previous next »
: [1]
: Gee!! I Wonder If They Will Appeal The Decision  ( 2746 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 12, 2010, 09:04:23 AM »

St. Albans Wal-Mart ruling may go to Vt. high court

The debate over plans to build a Wal-Mart in St. Albans may be decided by the state's highest court.

Environmental Court Judge Thomas Durkin has issued a ruling upholding his decision to allow construction of the store. That means the case will likely proceed to the Vermont Supreme Court.

An adjacent farm and several other parties have argued that the plans violate zoning laws. Parties now have 30 days to decide whether to appeal the decision.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : May 12, 2010, 03:07:28 PM »

Tonight's Messenger says that R. L. Vallee & The Commons will not appeal if they do not sell gasoline or devote more than 10,000 square feet to groceries - I see no problem there.  We have enough gas stations and enough grocery stores in St. Albans.

I guess that just leaves Hudaks.  Will they or won't they??

We might just get a Walmarts after all.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: