Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 03:54:44 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Wondering About Radiation Levels?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Wondering About Radiation Levels?  ( 3414 )
rdmapes
: 59

« : April 01, 2011, 06:46:19 PM »

Check out :

http://www.radiationnetwork.com/

Pretty cool website. If you have the money to buy the software and Geiger counter you can also submit data collected from the Geiger counter. At the moment they are out of stock. But, since watching the site I have seen several more come on-line.  The units are costly.

The surplus meters from civil defense years have doubled in price if you can find them. I did find a place that sells kits, pretty cool little gadget.

http://www.goldmine-elec.com/

Something to at least give me an idea about the levels. Assembly is easy and can be completed in an hour. Maybe a great project for a student. Calibration could be an issue and there is no way to calibrate this device. But, if the thing starts chattering I will check the news or listen to the radio(s) to see what is going on.

Just wanted to pass along the find.

Enjoy
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : April 02, 2011, 02:32:06 AM »

Dutch Harbor, AK has the worst hit but,

Them "workers" knocking down the reactors to save all of us are doing great!!!

They know they will be sick soon......................
I hope the World remembers them.
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #2 : April 02, 2011, 06:34:53 AM »

You are right, Mike.  I hope they are appreciated.  They have put themselves right out there for the safety of the community.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: