Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 09:24:54 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  getting rid of Conservation Law Foundation
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: getting rid of Conservation Law Foundation  ( 11625 )
special ED

« : July 18, 2009, 05:23:46 PM »

how do we toss these bumbs out the door and back to mass.?
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« #1 : July 19, 2009, 04:22:53 PM »

Now  Ed...........be  nice........they have a right to express their opinions and to challenge the actions of government that they think are wrong. Some of their supporters are Vermonters who share their opinions on inappropriate development. I agree that at times  it is frustrating when they enter into decisions that have nothing to do with them, but the courts will iron out the problems. This is  how the system works.

from,  Carolyn B.

Carolyn Branagan
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #2 : July 19, 2009, 06:47:40 PM »

And 20 to 40 years and millions of dollars in lawyers fees later we may get a Walmart in ST Albans or the circ might be finished.
cedarman
: 370

« #3 : July 20, 2009, 05:41:32 AM »

In this country, it certainly seems the Courts are where most of the decisions are made. It appears the "balance of power" is shifted from balanced to heavily weighted in favor of the courts (and those groups or individuals who know how to twist and manipulate well intended laws).
David Shea
: 471

« #4 : July 20, 2009, 08:39:20 PM »

Carolyn,

Interesting reply....  at last count the vast majority of leaders in our state government hold law degrees.  It seems like maybe the methods of the Conservation Law Foundation are firmly rooted in the principal operating procedures of state government.

I feel that the Members of the Conservation Law foundation should all revert back to living in log cabins, travel by ox and cart, light their homes with kerosene lamps and communicate by smoke signals.  If it were up to them, us ignorant Vermonters, would not be allowed to build homes with non native materials, cover our beautiful countryside with asphalt paving, construct high tension power lines or build cellular towers on mountain tops.

If it were up to me I would run the CLF out of Vermont on the end of a flaming pitchfork.  If the CLF could put there efforts into creating jobs instead of conflict we would be a lot better off.

dearon
: 233

« #5 : July 20, 2009, 08:53:56 PM »

Carolyn,

Interesting reply....  at last count the vast majority of leaders in our state government hold law degrees.  It seems like maybe the methods of the Conservation Law Foundation are firmly rooted in the principal operating procedures of state government.

I feel that the Members of the Conservation Law foundation should all revert back to living in log cabins, travel by ox and cart, light their homes with kerosene lamps and communicate by smoke signals.  If it were up to them, us ignorant Vermonters, would not be allowed to build homes with non native materials, cover our beautiful countryside with asphalt paving, construct high tension power lines or build cellular towers on mountain tops.

If it were up to me I would run the CLF out of Vermont on the end of a flaming pitchfork.  If the CLF could put there efforts into creating jobs instead of conflict we would be a lot better off.

I agree with everything you say David EXCEPT I would not allow them to communicate by smoke signal, that would polute the atmophere now wouldn't it:)
PotterFXFD

« #6 : July 21, 2009, 06:10:20 AM »

Forget the Kerosene lamps as well, very back for global warming, lots of smoke. I beleive oxen put of methan gas as well.

Log Cabin only using trees that have naturally fallen, walk, grow what they eat.
Travis
: 141

« #7 : July 21, 2009, 06:13:56 AM »

I find it funny (not Ha Ha funny) that people are leaving their state and coming to ours and trying to bring their laws and rules with them. If they liked their laws so much, they should have stayed home.
dearon

« #8 : July 21, 2009, 07:18:40 AM »

They want to keep Vermont green(er) so it can be their play place.  We can forget about lower taxes, new jobs or industry, cheaper housing etc until the CLF and others like them are put in their place.
Sue W.
: 167

« #9 : July 21, 2009, 07:36:07 AM »

I agree, I can't see that Vermont has benefited from their presence.  JMHO!
David Shea
: 471

« #10 : July 21, 2009, 11:52:34 AM »

If the CFL maintains it's track record of stopping projects, for example, Lowe's South Burlington, Circ Highway Essex / Williston and many more worthy causes that can be found on their web site: http://www.clf.org/state/VT/index.html they will have Vermont all to themselves.  They will be saying to themselves, " The utopia we dreamed of is finally ours!"  The problem is that there will be no normal working people to fix their leaky pipes, mow their lawns, repair their cars, pump sewer tanks, pick up the trash etc.

A business associate of mine told me that he has lost over 300,000 in work this year due to lack of Vermont State permits.  These projects were fully funded and ready to go but the companies decided to invest elsewhere due to the extensive permitting process and the ever present CFL that can put the binders on any permitted project if they want to.  Does Lowe's Ring a bell.  Ireland construction waste forced to stop earthwork after these jerks contested the permit for storm water run off.  This 300K was only a small portion of the total project.  The estimates were for 3 million total spent.  These project would have put people to work, helped local building supply companies and money to the state in the form of sales tax and income tax.

As for the circ...  Ever hear the song "They Paved Paradise and Put Up a Parking Lot"?  In my opinion chittenden county has been largely paved over anyway so why stop now.  If CFL really cared about sprawl they would let the circ happen so the the sprawl would be contained to the Burlington area.  IBM has been a big proponent of the circ and have stated that they need it.  I was speaking to my wife's brother in law who manages a crew of 40 electricians that work at the IBM Plant in Fishkill.  He is currently working on a 45 million dollar electrical project and they have just been approved for another project totaling over 50 million.  Yes these numbers are real.  If the electrical portion is 50 million imagine what the total project is worth.  I know for a fact that the IBM burlington is not investing this kind of capital. 

The writhing is on the wall.  The future  of manufacturing for IBM will happen in Fishkill for the near future.  I understand that the R & D division located in Williston has been on the block for being moved to Fishkill as well.

I hope that the CFL is able to fill the void if and when IBM pulls up stakes from Vermont.  Hey maybe some of the displaced workers could become l lawyers for the CFL.

Hey if you really like this group your can even make a donation to them on their web site.  You can bet i will be getting my checkbook out right away.

Hey stay tuned I am sure that the CFL will also put the binders on the pending landfill site located in williston.  Can't wait
PotterFXFD

« #11 : July 21, 2009, 01:34:38 PM »

I got the answer, send all of your recycling to them , they can turn it in and use the money to keep roads and landfills out.
cedarman
: 370

« #12 : July 24, 2009, 06:05:12 AM »

Forget the Kerosene lamps as well, very back for global warming, lots of smoke. I beleive oxen put of methan gas as well.

Log Cabin only using trees that have naturally fallen, walk, grow what they eat.

Eat ONLY what they can grow WITHOUT crops which are resistant to drought and disease (since that would require "genetic engineering"), and without ANY pesticides, and while we are at this, NO shooting of deer and other destructive game which eat their crops.
dearon

« #13 : July 24, 2009, 06:55:36 AM »

It appears we are all on the same page on this one, why is it then they are so successsful at what they do!!!!
7F30
: 47

« #14 : July 24, 2009, 07:00:30 AM »

They have more money and nothing else to do.
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: