Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 03:32:21 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Addison NE EA Members Overwhelmingly Disapprove of Superintendent
« previous next »
: [1]
: Addison NE EA Members Overwhelmingly Disapprove of Superintendent  ( 6906 )
Watchman
: 47

« : March 26, 2015, 09:44:14 AM »

Addison NE EA Members Overwhelmingly Disapprove of Superintendent

In one of the most lop-sided expressions of no confidence ever, the members of the Addison Northeast Education Association on Monday voted 163-1 against Superintendent David Adams. Last night, they took the results of that vote – and of a workplace climate survey – to the supervisory union’s board.

What they told the board was astounding: the majority of people who work for Adams disapprove of the job he is doing. “Before this survey, we suspected that Superintendent Adams wasn’t making the grade with educators, students or the community,” said Mikaela Frank, a teacher at Lincoln Community School and president of the Addison Northeast Education Association. “But this survey made it crystal clear. David Adams has lost the support, trust and faith of nearly everyone who works for him.”

“What this survey shows is that there is no way that David Adams can regain the trust and faith of the district’s educators,” Frank added. “We have no confidence in his ability to share our vision of a district that puts students and their education first.”

Joining local association members were dozens of community members, who, separately, gathered more than 500 signatures on a petition calling for Adams’ removal. You can read the local’s press release here; you can see the survey results here; and you can read coverage here, here, and here.
RidgeRunner
: 73

« #1 : March 26, 2015, 02:18:10 PM »

What does this have to do with Fairfax?
RidgeRunner

« #2 : March 27, 2015, 06:56:49 AM »

Are all posts on the forum supposed to have something to do with Fairfax?

My understanding is that this is a community site and as such articles are supposed to be linked to the community...
nhibbard
: 393

« #3 : March 28, 2015, 07:17:12 PM »

I was wondering what you do to change leadership in the SU. Seems it's even harder than one would think. School Boards should be able to hire the SU. If the SU runs the show, why even have school boards.
RidgeRunner

« #4 : March 31, 2015, 08:51:52 AM »

I just finished reading a longer and more detailed article about this situation in the Burlington Free Press. I posted it because it made me think of the similarities to FWSU of which Fairfax is a member. Did the article strike a nerve?

Didn't strike a nerve with me, I was just wondering your connection.  I understand your desires to see the SU fired but I don't think the majority of the community agrees with you.
mirjo
: 785

« #5 : April 11, 2015, 09:11:58 PM »

i think there are a number of people in the community who dislike the current SI, but  feel they have no control over what happens at the SU. The information re: the Addison SU would likely be of interest, but it would take a dedicated person to see what kind of interest there is and getting people on board. It can be difficult to rally people for anything--even if they want it to happen.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: